Job DescriptionAs a Toddler Teacher (Older one year olds) at Primrose School of Columbus Trail you will help young minds explore, discover and understand the world around them.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Toddler Teacher to plan and implement an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child, in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® approach to teaching and learning.
If you love teaching young children, here are just a few of the advantages of being part of our teaching team:
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children
- A working environment where team members respect one another
- A School Leadership Team that supports the professional and personal growth of the staff
- Low student/teacher ratios in classrooms
- Clear expectations, necessary resources and support to meet the children's needs
- Extensive training and opportunities for continual learning and development
Primrose School of Columbus Trail is a private preschool that provides a premier educational child care experience. We offer year-round programs for children from infant through elementary-aged school age.Primary Responsibilities:
Desired skills and experience:
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of Columbus Trail and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and programming.
- Plans with a member of the Leadership Team the parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of Columbus Trail Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Two year degree in early childhood or related field preferred
- COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDING CHILD CARE BENEFITS
- PAID TIME OFF
- PAID TRAINING
- PAID HOLIDAYS
- MEDICAL PLAN
- CDA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
- FREE SCHOOL FOOD
Each Primrose school is a privately owned and operated franchise, and the respective Franchise Owner is the employer at each school. Franchise Owners set their own wage and benefit programs, which vary among Franchise Owners. Primrose Schools and its Franchise Owners are equal opportunity employers. Positions and position titles vary by school.