Scribe Therapeutics is a molecular engineering company focused on creating best-in-class in vivo therapies that permanently treat the underlying cause of disease. Founded by CRISPR inventors and leading molecular engineers Benjamin Oakes, Brett Staahl, David Savage, and Jennifer Doudna, Scribe is overcoming the limitations of current genome editing technologies by developing custom engineered enzymes and delivery modalities as part of a proprietary, evergreen CRISPR by Design™ platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine.
We are seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The current role is for a Research Associate to join our team and advance our platform. The candidate should have a passion for working collaboratively with biologists and bioengineers to enable building the necessary tools for meeting the new frontier of CRISPR-based therapeutics. Additionally, the candidate would bring expertise in the expression, purification, and testing of viral vectors harboring our gene editing technology.
The candidate will have numerous opportunities for professional growth in a rapidly growing biotechnology start-up, which includes growing into a leadership role of increasing responsibilities and the ability to publish highly impactful work in peer reviewed journals. Key Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Background:
- Work as an integral member of the viral production core to produce high quality vectors for in vitro and in vivo testing
- Coordinate with engineering and screening teams to prioritize lead candidates for production
- Implement quality control and potency testing of produced vectors with relevant documentation
- Effectively collaborate with members within a fully integrated team to facilitate execution on projects within established timelines.
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science
Preferred Skills and Background:
- BS/BA in Virology, Cell or Molecular Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or related discipline
- At least 2 years of experience working in an academic or industry lab, with a proven track record of hands-on wet lab research experience.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and transient transfection
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
- Post graduate studies or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience in molecular biology, nucleic acid/protein analysis, protein production (e.g. qPCR, RT-qPCR, Western blotting, buffer preparation, etc.)
- Experience with viral transductions, flow cytometry, and relevant data analysis
- History of safe and aseptic handling of viruses
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Visit us at www.scribetx.com.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.