We've been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there's a good chance you're only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. We're active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It's what you'd expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.Job Purpose
The Lab Technician I/II supports daily project tasks and lab work requests under supervision. The employee will be efficient at working with defined standard operating procedures (SOPs) and making minor adjustments to established product lines to achieve performance or application efficiencies.
The difference between Technician I and II is years of experience and competency with the lab tasks. Key Accountabilities
The Lab Technician I/II is a highly motivated person with a problem solving and customer-oriented mindset that performs lab work necessary to help maintain product lines and support business growth
The Lab Technician I/II performs each essential duty safely, satisfactorily, and in a timely manner.
- Understand and follow a batch ticket (recipe) with high degree of accuracy for weights and measurements.
- Perform standard testing procedures, including prep of materials, with attention to detail and high quality
- Follow daily work plan for Lab Work Request or project plan
- Accurately document work in lab notebooks (either physical or electronic)
- Recognize roadblocks or anomalies; resolve them or communicate concerns with a chemist in a timely manner
- Ensure raw materials are available and correctly labelled
- Correctly label and mail samples
- Maintain clean and organized work environment
The Lab Technician I/II exhibits the following skills and behaviors:
- Conform with all site and laboratory safety requirements and policies , including participation in AkzoNobel safety programs including audits, safety meetings, and demonstrating safe practices and behaviors
- Pragmatic, proactive, quick learner, self-motivated
- Learn and understand customer application methods to replicate customer line conditions
- Effective interpersonal skills, keeping direct manager and team members informed of progress
- Maintain excellent relationships within the scope of their work.
- Able to work at least at a basic level in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Own personal and career development
- Demonstrate continuous commitment to business goals and initiatives as sole contributor
- Associates or Technical Certification
- 0-3 years work experience in chemistry or coatings industry
Excellent verbal and written communication AkzoNobel is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable laws, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Requisition ID: 16941Nearest Major Market: