Position Title: Research Associate - Preclinical Pharmacology
:" At Ichor, we are dedicated to changing the world because we believe we can. "
Ichor Life Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company with external clients, and internal projects dedicated to studying the fundamental mechanisms of aging. We discover and develop new drugs to help people live longer, healthier lives. By embracing the unconventional and applying rigorous science, our team works tirelessly to challenge the common perception of the inevitability of aging. Our processes, our passion, and even the place we have chosen as our home, support our unique vision and ability to bring disruptive advancements with the greatest speed and flexibility possible. In all ways, we seek to make life better for our employees, our community, our partners, and our world.Overview of Position:
Ichor is seeking a Research Associate to support the research and development projects in our vivarium. If you are motivated by playing an integral role in advancing the development of therapeutic treatments that will help people live longer, healthier lives then we are interested in getting to know you.Position Duties:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Works closely with study coordinators and study directors to ensure all assigned studies are conducted in accordance with study protocols.
- Collection of animal data such as body weight or tumor volume measurements.
- Collection of animal specimens such as tissue samples and blood and processing of specimens for shipment to sponsor or for internal purposes.
- Preparation of animals for procedures, including shaving, ear tagging, and other tasks as directed.
- Performance of clinical observations and humane euthanasia in mice and rats.
- Performance of basic in vivo procedures, including PO, SC, and IP dosing.
- Provide general group support by cleaning, general supply stocking, and sample shipping.
- Collection and documentation of relevant data and provide feedback to team members regarding progress of assigned projects.
- Compound administration by intraperitoneal, sub cutaneous, and oral gavage.
- Harvesting tissue and blood samples.
- Tumor implantation and tumor measurement.
- Effectively troubleshoot and solve scientific problems with little to no supervision.
- Flexible: Adaptable to new working environments or conditions; fast learner and willing to research new information; Willingly takes on new urgent tasks.
- Team Oriented: Actively contributes to the group in order to complete tasks, meet goals, or manage projects; Actively listens to coworkers, respects the ideas of others, and aims to improve processes.
- Integrity: Trustworthy and reliable; practices and encourages open and honest communication; respects and follows company policies, shows up ready to work, and is accountable for one's mistakes.
- Motivated: Demonstrates enthusiasm and a desire to make a difference. Has an eagerness to learn and a willingness to take the rough with the smooth.
- Diplomacy: Responds to difficult, stressful, or sensitive interpersonal situations in ways that reduce or minimize potential conflict and maintains good working relationships among coworkers, clients, and other stakeholders or third-party contractors.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in biology or related field
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs
- Ability work safely and wear required, company-provided PPE
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements.
- Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management.
- Management may assign new duties or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job based on the needs of the business at any time
- Company contribution to medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company contribution to health savings account for qualifying medical plans
- Flexible spending account
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy
- Company paid holidays and floating holidays
- Retirement planning with 401(k)
- Additional ancillary benefits
Powered by JazzHR