At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team that makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The aimswebPlus team is seeking a new Clinical Assessment Developer to support and enrich our educational assessments for benchmark screening, progress monitoring, and the identification of students with learning difficulties. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience contributing to research and development projects, assessment development and content creation for print and digital formats. Experience working in educational settings is desirable. This position will report to the Supervisor, Education Portfolio, and can be remote, or based in our Bloomington, MN or San Antonio, TX offices.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Clinical Assessment Developer is responsible for supporting all phases of assessment development created for print and digital formats. The Clinical Assessment Developer has a range of responsibilities depending on the project. These can include:
- Contributing to the development, refinement, maintenance, and quality control of educational assessments.
- Collaborating with the Research Director and team members in writing new test items aligned to specific educational standards and psychological abilities. This includes internal review, finalizing formatting, and editing age-appropriate wording.
- Drafting, editing, and finalizing record forms, stimulus books, and manuals. This includes writing chapters of the final manual using standard text templates, providing necessary content information for scoring and reporting software programs, and checking for consistency across different components of the test.
- Developing item art specifications and working with the Design, User Experience, and Production teams to ensure that visual and verbal item stimuli meet both print and software specifications and usability standards.
- Working with the project team (publishing, psychometrics, project management, software development) to ensure that all components and deliverables, both in print and digital mediums, are prepared in a timely manner to meet the publication schedule.
- Conducting literature reviews, compiling references, and conducting alignments to applicable academic standards.
Qualifications and Experience
The top candidates for this position will have:
- 5+ years of experience developing mastery of all or almost all of the test development activities listed above (Responsibilities).
- Demonstrable knowledge, training, and/or clinical experience in the area of psychological or educational assessment.
- Strong familiarity with formative educational assessments, their purpose and use developed through extensive study or preferably from administering many clinical and/or educational tests with children of varying ages.
- Passion for applying aforementioned expertise, experience, and skills to the development of published assessments that support teachers and psychologists in K-12 schools.
- Knowledge and experience reviewing and making recommendations about item level data analyses.
- Confidence and demonstrated capacity to train other assessment developers with less experience.
The Clinical Assessment Developer must have:
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Training in basic research methods and statistics, and/or interest in developing this knowledge.
- The abilities and mental flexibility to take on various tasks as needed work as part of a team managing multiple products at various stages of development.
- Effective communication skills with teams via email, chat, video conferencing, and comfort communicating product specific details to customers in collaboration with customer support staff.
- Enthusiasm for continually learning more about the test development and publishing process.
- An openness to peer feedback during item writing and review.
- Strong familiarity with basic computer software programs (e.g., Word, Excel), as well as the ability to use or learn digital communication tools such as video conferencing.
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish preferred)
- Subject Matter Knowledge in: K-12 Math and Reading assessment and skills development; learning disabilities specific to reading, math, and language processing; innovative digital assessment approaches, MTSS and RTI approaches to support academic development.
- Editorial skills
- Item development experience and publication of previous work preferred.
- Teamwork mentality: ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary project team with software engineers, designers, user experience groups, editors, marketing professionals, etc.
- Self-Starter: Able to identify issues in a project beyond the scope of initial assignments, communicate issues to the team, plan additional work to be done beyond, and take the initiative to follow through.
- Critical Thinking: Able to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, and draw conclusions that are clear, consistent, sound, and fair and communicate these ideas in constructive and actionable ways.
- Comfortable with technology in business, with experience, skills, and/or demonstrated ability to utilize and/or teach others to utilize technology, mobile and web applications, and software in everyday life and in business.
- Master's degree in education, clinical psychology, educational psychology, school psychology, counseling, or related field preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in similar fields with extensive educational/clinical assessment experience in industry or schools.
Job: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Organization: Assessment & Qualifications
Req ID: 424