Job DescriptionBuild a brighter future for all children.
Teaching is more than a job. It's an opportunity to foster curiosity, creativity, and compassion in children-all while helping them develop a lifelong love of learning.As an Assistant Teacher at Primrose School of Ankeny at Prairie Trail, you'll help to create a fun, safe environment for little ones as they explore and learn through purposeful play that nurtures their social, emotional, cognitive, creative and physical development. Make a difference every day.
Get everything you need to give children everything they need.
- Spend your days building genuine relationships with each child.
- Help children explore the world, improve their motor skills and grow their vocabulary.
- Work with your co-teacher to implement the lesson plans from the research-informed Balanced Learning® curriculum.
- Maintain a well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Discover what works best for each child as you teach them about the world around them.
At Primrose School of Ankeny at Prairie Trail, you bring the passion, and we'll give you all the tools and training to be successful.Our Balanced Learning® approach was developed with early learning experts. It provides clear daily plans so you can focus your time in the classroom on forming connections with the children-and spend your time outside of school focused on yourself.Classrooms come fully stocked with everything you need, and our supportive Leadership Team works every day to create a safe, healthy environment and a culture where all children and team members can thrive.And if that's not enough, just wait until you help a child learn something new and see their face light up with excitement. Let's talk about building a brighter future together. Schedule:
flexible full-time or part-time between 6:30am and 6pm Monday - Friday Hourly Wage:
$13.00-15.00 based on experience and qualificationsBenefits:
- Nationally recognized curriculum provided allowing you more time with your students and parents
- Competitive pay
- Professional development
- Positive work environment with teambuilding and social events
- Paid training (state requirements, CPR, Primrose training)
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday at 60 days for full-time employees
- Medical, dental, vision eligibility at 60 days for full-time employees
- Childcare discount for full-time employees
- Meals and snacks included
To help keep our staff and children safe, COVID vaccine or medical exemption required prior to first day of employment.
Each Primrose school is a privately owned and operated franchise, and the respective Franchise Owner is the employer at each school. Franchise Owners set their own wage and benefit programs, which vary among Franchise Owners. Primrose Schools and its Franchise Owners are equal opportunity employers. Positions and position titles vary by school.