Rubix Foods, a leading culinary and food science-focused provider of flavor and functional ingredients for restaurants and food manufacturers, has an exciting position open at the corporate headquarters in Jacksonville, Florida Position Title:
Commercialization ScientistJob Description:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Rubix Foods team.
This position will help support the product development and commercialization process to ensure products are produced to meet specification and customer expectations. The role will involve daily interaction with the product development team while also engaging with the sales, corporate quality, and supply chain teams. This position ensures that products are transitioned from the development process to full scale production using a variety of processing technologies including conventional dairy processing as well as alternative processing technologies.
Objectives for the Commercialization Scientist are as follows:
Primary People in Contact with the Role:
- Document and transition products from the development process to the production process with formulas and processes that ensure a consistent quality and food safe finished product.
- Address processing and formula needs as necessary to address quality, regulatory and production needs.
- Address and satisfy customer needs regarding attributes and performance of products.
- Develop and document production processes to align and train production staff and team to ensure consistent production that meets specification.
- Support sensory evaluation needs of Rubix Foods.
- Through development process, ensure compliance to current raw material, finished product, and processing specifications
- Work directly with co-manufacturing partners in understanding current processing abilities to develop customer specific and unique finished products.
- Develop and support the development of product specifications & quality standards.
- Develop, implement, and instruct production staff on effective processing procedures to consistently produce finished products to specification
This position will interact with the following daily: Sr. VP Development & QualityRequired Education and Key Competencies:
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong project management skills
- An ability to work with cross-functional teams to consider internal and external needs in developing an executable solution.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work in processing environment conditions.
- Ability to work standing for extended periods of time.
Compensation comprised of benefits including insurance, 401K, paid vacation and bonus opportunities.Contact
Qualified candidates need to submit their resumes and salary requirements via email to Human Resources Carla Howard-Rutledge (email@example.com) and cc Daryl Clampitt
(firstname.lastname@example.org) with "Commercialization Scientist" in the subject line.About Rubix Foods
At Rubix, we believe big problems lead to big opportunities. We're a team of movers, shakers and tastemakers from all walks of the industry ecosystem and together, we tackle some of the toughest challenges in food - from research to rollout - at unparalleled speed. That's why so many of the biggest, most exciting brands in the world come to us for their flavor and ingredient needs... Their problems give us purpose. In fact, we love problems so much, we're building a place to chew on them every day. Our new 50,000 sq. ft. first-if-its-kind Innovation Center is a foodie's playground... Opening in early 2022, this new facility will foster greater creativity, collaboration and possibilities in the development of food. And we're filling it with the best and brightest minds in the biz. Do you love problems? Good. You might be one of us. #WeLoveProblems