This position is responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining a variety of health, safety and environmental programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees. The successful candidate will be a self-starting leader who enjoys the challenges of daily involvement with all departments.RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ensure that federal, state and local laws, regulations, rules and codes are observed. Manage OSHA recordkeeping and reporting requirements
- Conduct risk assessments (JSA, ERGO, PPE) maintain documentation and review as needed
- Circulate single point lessons and lessons learned created by EHS manager to enhance communication of safety incidents
- Review required trainings to ensure employees are trained (ex: PIT, Aerial lift, Cranes, LOTO, GHS) on a monthly basis
- Conduct weekly audits to act as a preventative tool. Document corrective actions and follow up on progress.
- Conduct a read across for all safety incidents at their local plant/plants
- Lead and conduct safety committee meetings
- Ensure all environmental obligations are completed
- Participate in annual Industrial Hygiene testing
- Evaluate and review LOTO procedures annually
- Conduct monthly and comprehensive quarterly outdoor walks of the building to ensure environmental compliance. Create actions items based on findings.
- Coordinate annual required trainings for new and existing employees. (GHS, LOTO, Etc)
- Help develop controls for identified hazards, coordinate the implementation of controls from result of hazard analysis.
- Lead the completion of annual hearing tests
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and injuries.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace, conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Provide advice and counseling for all compliance regulations.
- Assist in new employee orientation training
- Compile, investigate, interpret, and report accidents. Review property and injury reports.
- Maintain site-specific policies that are required by law.
- Monitor, revise, and implement ongoing updates in safety regulations, laws or reporting requirements
- Purchasing of all safety supplies, products or training items required
- Computer skills - Microsoft proficient - Word, excel, power point, Teams, Outlook
- Desire and passion for workplace safety
- Needs to feel comfortable with public speaking
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong planning, organizational and follow up skills
- Excellent people and process management skills
- Strong desire to be a part of a high growth company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast-paced, result-oriented culture
- Has high standards of performance for self.
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress.
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow.
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
This position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities.WORK ENVIRONMENT
/ PHYSICAL DEMANDS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Will spend much time on the plant floor (automotive manufacturing) in a stamping and robotic welding facility.
- B.S. /B.A. degree with at least 1 year related experience in safety, environmental, or health management and compliance.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Possess a high level of technical expertise, ability to apply skills to continuous process improvement while maintaining maximum levels of safety
- Safety committee member
- Experience in workplace inspections and identifying Hazards
- Experience in risk assessments
- First Responder / Aid / CPR training / management of blood borne pathogens
- Certified in MIOSHA General Industry Level 1 desirable
- Certified in OSHA 10+ or 30 + hour certified desirable
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.