Senior Research Associate - Automation & High Throughput Screening
Location: Boston, MA
Monte Rosa Therapeutics is seeking a passionate Senior Research Associate with the experience to implement and run complex cellular assays. This position is a key role in the pivotal team responsible for Automation and Screening Technologies & hits-to-leads support for Monte Rosa's diverse pipeline. The ideal candidate will be able to help evolve Monte Rosa's hit identification and hits-to-leads endeavors through embracing novel assay technologies, enhancing overall process and actively drive internal and external partnerships.
In addition to this, this position will also be involved with the Compound Management process. The successful candidate will assist with the storage, retrieval and distribution of Monte Rosa's compound collection for biological profiling, both internally and externally across global sites. Working closely with Chemistry, Biology, Screening, Data Science, and Facilities groups, the candidate should exhibit excellent communication and collaborative skills for working on cross-functional teams, as well as demonstrate a high degree of independence and organization.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently design, develop and run a variety of assays to screen and characterize target proteins and small molecule compounds.
- Analysis of screening and hit-to-lead data, keeping meticulous data and timely maintenance of ELN and database.
- Perform a variety of high-throughput Cellular Biology assays such as HiBiT, HTRF, ELISA, and reporter assays.
- Utilize literature and internal data sets to design and test hypothesis for modulation of drug targets.
- Interpret, present and report research findings.
- Assist with the receipt, storage, and inventory of compounds and samples for biological assays.
- Develop and execute methods for liquid handlers, tube store, barcode readers and other automation.
- Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent in Biochemistry, Cell Biology or a life science with 4-6 years of high throughput and automation experience.
- Familiarity with screening and high throughput instrumentation for drug discovery (i.e. ECHO, HighResBio).
- Knowledge of developing assays and process to support Hit and Hit to Lead.
- Hands-on experience in high throughput cellular assays and associated assay technologies.
- Hands-on experience with liquid handling (Hamilton, Formulatrix) and familiarity with small molecule logistics.
- Experience with high throughput data management, data flow, analysis and visualization (e.g. Spotfire, CDD Vault, Genedata).
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture and cell line generation.
- Establishing, monitoring and maintaining a stable and productive environment through Quality Control, preventative maintenance and standard operating procedures.
- Proven track record for striving for high level of innovation and scientific excellence.
- Flexibility to accommodate to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Experience operating and troubleshooting various instrumentation including acoustic dispensers, 384 well pipetting systems, plate handlers, tube stores.
- Basic experience in LCMS is a plus.
- Experience with LIMS and barcode systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Interested candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to careers-US@monterosatx.com
Monte Rosa Therapeutics rational approach in targeting disease-causing proteins for degradation will deliver pioneering therapies for cancer and other diseases. Delivering this new generation of treatments to the patients requires a conceptual change. Monte Rosa recognizes this urgent need and is missioned to develop innovative protein degraders as a solution. Combining deep knowledge, insight and leading-edge science, our integrated engine is built for that purpose.