Position Title: Research Associate I: Next Gen Sequencing Assays
Classification: Exempt Who is Active Motif?
Active Motif, Inc. is a privately held global biotechnology company with the vision of bringing the field of epigenetics into personalized and precision medicine. The company has focused efforts on supplying innovative kits and reagents for epigenetics and nuclear function research and performs specialized epigenetics-based experiments for leading academic groups and pharmaceutical companies. It offers research kits, assays, and biocomputing systems that help researchers study the function, regulation, and interactions between genes, proteins, and metabolic pathways. Active Motif, headquartered in Carlsbad, CA, has offices in Europe, Japan, China and the United States, and is represented throughout the rest of the world by distributors. Recently it announced access to a pre-print publication associated with their COVID-19 efforts in China to isolate, develop, and deliver high-value fully human recombinant SARS-CoV-2 antibodies to the market. In addition, Active Motif North America has taken the lead on the scale-up, manufacturing, and commercialization of over 19 clones which have been demonstrated to show value in both diagnostic as well as therapeutic applications. "We are proud of the effort made by the many employees at Active Motif who have taken the extra effort required to provide access to these antibodies and it is a great feeling to know that we can assist in making an impact on this pandemic," noted Ted DeFrank, President and CEO of Active Motif.What's the job all about?
We are looking for a diligent Research Associate to join our Services Department. You will work with a collaborative team of scientists to develop and test new next-generation sequencing-based assays. You will be responsible for supporting assay development, the preparation of reagents and materials to be used in downstream workflows and experiments, documenting standard operation procedures (SOPs), quality control and reagent tracking.What you can offer?
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, customers, and consumers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Suggest and implement improvements to internal processes to increase productivity and streamline department workload.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned by management.
- The successful candidate will spend significant time performing molecular biology bench work including chromatin preparation, chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP), qPCR, library generation and sequencing.
- The candidate will record data and assist with analysis.
- The candidate will archive commercial samples, materials and data in a careful and reliable manner.
- An ability to carefully execute experiments with careful attention to detail and reliably generate high quality data according to specified protocols
- An ability to perform and communicate effectively within a group environment
- An ability to learn and implement new molecular biology techniques quickly
- Must possess a strong work ethic and self-motivation
What Active Motif can offer?
- A Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or other related discipline
- A minimum of one year of relevant laboratory experience with preferred experience in qPCR, ChIP, library preparation, NGS.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of basic laboratory techniques, equipment and materials, and data analysis required.
- Proficiency with common software applications (e.g., Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Work as a valued team contributor Medical Insurance (M/D/V) 401(k) Robust PTO plan Fun team building events