Adecco is working with a pharmaceutical manufacturing company that is looking for a Formulation R&D Scientist II. This role is full time/direct hire located in Lakewood, NJ. The Formulation R&D Scientist is responsible for supporting formulation development of new pharmaceutical products through pre-formulation, formulation development/formulation optimization, product development and scale-up activities.
The Formulation R&D Scientist II will be responsible for:
• With minimum supervision of the R&D Manager, plan and perform pre-formulation and formulation activities in the development and scale-up of formulations including parenteral (solutions and suspensions) and nasal spray products from bench top to pilot-scale to commercial production.
• Manufacture small scale laboratory batches to experiment with formulation creation or enhancements.
• Write Standard Operating Procedures. Write and review technical reports that summarize formulation development work and results, and protocols as required. Compile experimental data and author technical and product development reports.
• Performs assigned tasks which are needed to maintain the formulation laboratory. Such tasks may include ordering laboratory supplies, calibrating instruments and Hazmat duties.
• Document all experimental work neatly and correctly in a lab notebook in accordance with SOPs.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant Quality System Regulations and other regulatory requirements related to research and development (product development, design and safety) to ensure compliance in all research, data collection and reporting activities.
• Maintain quality checks on safety of the laboratory, including biohazards and ensure maintenance of the facilities.
• Apply effective search strategies to conduct scientific literature searches and provide critical evaluations of the data.
• Provide peer review for test results and notebooks to ensure accurate documentation.
• Understand and comply with all safety, environmental and quality practices and procedures as outlined in organizational/departmental guidelines and SOPs, as well as applicable federal, state and local regulations.
• Effectively interact with other scientists, project managers, and colleagues from numerous functions. Serve on multi-disciplinary project teams.
• Effectively present results, communicate experimental difficulties and delays to management.
• Act as coach/mentor to junior scientists. May be sought out by other teams and individuals to offer technical advice.
The requirements for the Formulation R&D Scientist II are:
Master's degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Formulation Chemistry or similar degree AND a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry. PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Formulation Chemistry or similar degree AND a minimum of 0-3 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry. If you meet the above qualifications for the Formulation R&D Scientist in Lakewood, NJ, please click APPLY NOW and upload your resume. You can also email you resume to Elizabeth at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding this position can be addressed by email or by calling Elizabeth at 603.397.3159.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.adeccousa.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records