LB&B Associates has an immediate openings for a Mid-Master Mariner Instructor to support operations in San Diego, CA. Pay is commensurate with experience and certifications and established Collective Bargaining Agreements.
Instructors are expected to be able to teach U.S. Navy Surface Warfare Officers and Enlisted Watch Standers who are participating in various navigation, seamanship, and ship handling courses as well as participate in curriculum development as directed by the Surface Warfare Officer School as part of a course of instruction for Junior Officers of the Deck (Underway) and Officers of the Deck (Underway). Training provided to the students is a combination of classroom and simulator instruction. Candidates must be very computer literate and able to learn advanced maritime simulator software and tools quickly.INSTRUCTOR QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Comprehensive practical knowledge, skill, and ability as a former qualified Navy Surface Warfare Officer (or equivalent). Qualified as Officer of the Deck (underway) on at least two Surface Combatants . Additional valuable experience includes at least two Division Officer tours, or Officer in Charge of a Military Sealift Command (MSC) Detachment: OR Tug Boat Captain, or U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) license, at sea service, as a Second orChief Mate on a merchant marine vessel with significant knowledge of navigation, seamanship, and ship handling principles outlined in the Navigation, Seamanship, Ship handling Training Requirements Document (NSS TRD).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Navigation, Ship handling, and Seamanship to include, but not limited to: (1) Shipboard Navigation Department Organization, (2) Weather (3) Nautical Charts, (4) Maneuvering boards (5) Visual Navigation Aids, (6) Law of the Sea (7) Voyage Management System (ECDIS) (8) ARPA/Radar, (9) Tides and Currents, (10) Underway Replenishment (11) Anchoring, (12) Duties of Underway Officer of the Deck (13) Operational Risk Management (14) Ship handling Fundamentals (15) Officer of the Deck Math.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Convention on the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, 1972 (COLREGs) and all applications for teaching surface warfare officers international and inland navigation rules of the road. Areas of emphasis include, but not limited to: (1) Lights, flags, and sound signals; (2) Head on, overtaking, and crossing situations; (3) Sail, power, and towing vessels; (4) General prudential rule; and (5) Buoys and channel markers.
- Completed A-061-0042 VMS Operator Course or A-061-0044 VMS 9 Operator or approved equivalent (ECDIS)
- Practical knowledge of adult learning principles, practices, methods of one or more specialty areas, e.g., occupational analysis; instructional product development; instructional materials development; tests and measurement generation and analysis; education evaluation and computer technology application. Skill in applying this knowledge in developing and promoting experimental or innovative program activities in areas where traditional techniques and approaches are not applicable or have not proven adequately effective.
- Proven experience of Navy Training Course Management to include curriculum development, revisions of existing courses, course master schedules, and student management.
- Proven experience in delivering curriculum in both a classroom and laboratory setting.
- Must be able to hold and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
LB&B Associates Inc. is a federal contractor. As such, we are subject to an Executive Order requiring all employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. Therefore, by applying for this position, you understand that you will be required to verify that you have been, or will be, fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022 or to verify that you cannot be vaccinated due to a legally recognized exception to the vaccine mandate as set forth in the Executive Order.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected factor by country, regional or local law.Requirements
Please see job description.