Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Be a driver of change at Optum, part of UnitedHealth Group family of businesses and a key leader across most major segments of the U.S. health care system. You could be a vital factor in our success as you apply exceptional creative and management skills to develop the strategy and vision for our future marketing efforts. You'll have the satisfaction of seeing your ideas come to life while working alongside a world class marketing team. It your chance to help countless people lead healthier lives while working with a Fortune 6 industry leader.
OSMM (Optum Specialty Medication Management) is a product team dedicated to the development of products for clients of Optum which drive to meet the goal of enhanced clinical outcomes, cost reduction and trend management for specialty medications. Specialty medications are the number one driver of cost and are covered under both the medical and pharmacy benefit. Delivery of in market solutions to combat the rise in cost and utilization in specialty is a key area of focus for the Optum organization.
The Senior Director of Commercialization for OSMM product suite will interface with product leaders across the Optum organization and have direct responsibility for the commercialization of all OptumRx OSMM product suite and collaboration efforts with other Optum companies.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, operations and clinical partners to enhance Optum impact in Specialty Utilization Management Services Portfolio in a fast-growing, innovative environment
- Influence innovation across teams to ensure aligned, cohesive progress across technology, marketing and product
- Specific focus on supporting the product and sales partners as a subject matter expert and consultative advisor during new business pursuits and expansion opportunities with existing clients
- Help refine scope of opportunity among client pursuits
- Articulate and communicate a compelling customer external value proposition
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on relevant market trends and innovations, client needs, expectations and opportunities, as well as shifts in the competitive landscape
- Open to telecommuting with flexibility for in-person and meetings in office as needed
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of go-to-market planning and execution experience within Specialty Pharmacy and/or PBM
- 5+ years of product management/product development experience
- Experience supporting product and sales partners during new business pursuits and expansion opportunities
- Experience working collaboratively and influencing internal partner groups in a matrix environment
- Experience in an external client-facing role, influencing and partnering with key clients to drive strategic initiatives which has included:
- Presenting in Finalist meetings
- Participation in the RFP process
- Articulating and communicating a compelling customer external value proposition
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- MBA or other related advanced degree
- Experience with specialty drug delivery and pricing models
- Experience with Specialty drug claims
- Consulting experience
- B2B experience with health plans, health systems and/or large employer groups
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment. Careers with OptumRx.
We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only
: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Director or Commercialization, OSMM, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote