Job DescriptionReady to take the next step in your career? Join the Primrose School at Holly Grove, the nation's leader in high-quality early education and care. You'll experience the difference immediately - a caring leadership team, friendly co-workers and families who partner with you and appreciate all that you do. Looking for rewarding work in a positive, family oriented atmosphere? Now's your chance to join the industry leader in early education and care.We are currently looking for a qualified Afternoon Assistant Teacher at our Primrose School at Holly Grove location
. Each new addition to the Primrose Family has the opportunity to strengthen the message of why Primrose teams do what we do, to reinforce how we make a difference, and to expand our ability to serve more children and families.A few advantages of being a part of the Primrose team includes...
- The opportunity to make a difference.
- A working environment in which team members respect one another.
- A school leadership team that supports the professional and personal growth of staff.
- Low student/teacher ratios.
- Extensive training and opportunities for continual learning and development for staff.
The Assistant Teacher
is responsible for supporting general classroom management and supervision, which includes the personal care, hygiene, and positive discipline of the children. They support planning and implementing the Primrose Balanced Learning curriculum which includes activities for children that focus on physical, social and emotional growth. They provide materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in active play.Responsibilities
- Supervises and manages daily functions for a class of children
- Observes all North Carolina rules and regulations pertaining to the health, safety, and care of children
- Supports communication with parents at the end of the day regarding their child
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds
- Classroom teaching experience in an accredited early childhood facility a plus
- Pleasant/Friendly demeanor and an outgoing personality
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress
- Ability to interact and guide students of all ages and skill levels
Founded in 1982, Primrose Schools is the nation's leader in providing a premier, early education and care experience. Each Primrose school is independently owned and operated by our Franchise owners, who partner with parents to help children build the right foundation for future learning and life and offer an environment that helps children have fun while nurturing Active Minds, Healthy Bodies, and Happy Hearts®. Primrose Schools
is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other factor prohibited by law. Desired skills and experience:
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations. For Infant and Young Toddler teachers, must be able to properly lift infants into and out of a crib.
Each Primrose school is a privately owned and operated franchise, and the respective Franchise Owner is the employer at each school. Franchise Owners set their own wage and benefit programs, which vary among Franchise Owners. Primrose Schools and its Franchise Owners are equal opportunity employers. Positions and position titles vary by school.