Clayton Early Learning is an innovation hub that fosters thriving, equitable communities by partnering with families to nurture a whole child, whole family approach to the early years, discover what works, and advance systems change.
Clayton Early Learning is a hub for Colorado's innovative work in early childhood development. Committed fiercely to the belief that healthy early childhood development offers one of the most powerful levers for ending inequality, Clayton plays a leadership role in demonstrating what's possible in the early years, and the positive impact that has for children and families over time. Clayton's 20-acre campus in the heart of Denver is the home of Colorado's only Educare school, a nationally recognized model supporting children from birth to age five and their families. We also impact systems change in Colorado and beyond through our research and evaluation services, professional development for teachers and leaders throughout Colorado, and policy and advocacy work at the state and federal level. Our direct service and systems change work impacts 20,000 children throughout Colorado every year.POSITION SUMMARY
Associate Teachers assists in the delivery of an infant, toddler or preschool program based on the individual and group's educational, intellectual, physical, social, and emotional potential of the children enrolled. Assist in managing the classroom environment. Assist with preparing and maintaining documentation in compliance with Early Head Start/Head Start performance standards and standard operating procedures. Lastly associate teachers work with the classroom teaching team to deliver quality education servicesESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:Minimum education/experience:
- In accordance with Early Head Start/Head Start performance standards, ACF, licensing and organization guidelines, assists in implementing an infant/toddler or preschool program based on parent input and individual children's intellectual, physical, social and emotional needs and strengths.
- Assists with daily activities based on children's needs and interests which stimulate learning in all developmental areas (physical, social, emotional, and intellectual) for a class of children which may involve some children with disabilities.
- Organizes and cleans classroom materials and equipment to provide a safe, supportive age appropriate environment for children. Assists in an annual inventory of existing classroom materials and equipment and future needs.
Work experience in positions similar or related to this job:
- 12 ECE Credits required; ECPC Credential Level I required, ECE Courses 111 & 112 required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 1 to 2 years' experience working with children age 0-3 or 3-5.
- Interpret/understand basicinformation received as well as prepares and transmits it. Involves ongoing interaction with other employees, the general public, and children and parents within the community. May involve interaction with persons whose first language is not English.
- Develop, read and understand basicwritten materials, and compose information/instruction in written form.
- Understand and perform basicmathematical computations.
- Apply basic level analytical skills for assessment and evaluation responsibility.
- Apply basic level problem-solving skills essential in developing solutions for unanticipated issues and challenges.
- Remain calm and calm others in an emergency, stressful and/or confrontational situation.
- Identify conflict and take the steps necessary to resolve the issues or inform those who can.
- Work with other people taking into consideration, among the dynamics, their needs, their personal style, and the requirements of their jobs.
- Understand, and apply basic levelorganizational theories and practices essential in the development and implementation of policies, practices, programs, and employee communications.
- Demonstrates responsible professional behavior by participating effectively within and across teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the quality of Clayton Educare education programs.
- Conduct activities involving stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, crawling, twisting, and reaching on a frequent basis and substantial standing and walking , and moderate sitting.
- Supervise children by sight and sound.
- Sit on the floor or crouch at a child's level. Lift a child weighing up to 50 pounds. Lift, carry, push, and/or pull a burden weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Grasp and manipulate office and art equipment and similar other tools and materials.
- Work with hands above shoulder height with a weight up to 5 pounds.
- Work with arms extended at shoulder height with a weight up to 20 pounds.
- Participate in routine conversation in person or via telephone, and distinguish telephone, radio/pager signals, alarms, and other auditory tones in a noisy environment.
- Distinguish small objects at near and far distances in conditions of bright or low light. Distinguish color and depth, and see objects in a wide field of vision.
- Respond to unanticipated situations involving activities of young children ranging in age from birth to three years of age.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. I understand I am to become familiar with its contents. If I have any questions regarding this job description, I understand that I should talk to my supervisor. Hours of Operation:
Clayton's hours of operation for this position are between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Daily work schedules may vary and are determined based on family and program needs.Amazing benefits include:
- Health (89.5% of Employee Only plan covered by Clayton),
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible spending account,
- 100% employer paid STD, LTD
- Minimum of 5 weeks paid time off per year (accrued) plus paid holidays!
At Clayton we aim to create the beloved community. We work to foster a community characterized by trust, dignity, love, and justice, with our children and families, our team members, and other partners on our campus and beyond.
These values are foundational to Clayton's beloved community. At Clayton we: Value diversity, equity, and inclusion as our foundation. At the core of the beloved community, we leverage collective genius by nurturing and embracing differing perspectives, backgrounds, and cultures. We seek to understand our differences, rather than pretending they don't affect us. We challenge our own biases, and we actively work to ensure each of us can bring all of ourselves to our work. We intervene if someone is being marginalized. We look for ways to eliminate inequities inside and outside of Clayton. Operate with integrity. We adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, personal responsibility, and accountability, worthy of the trust our community places in us. Demonstrate bold humility. We courageously drive toward our vision, while embracing humility that favors substance over sizzle, that accepts feedback in the spirit of growth, views vulnerability as a path to truth, and seeks impact for our families, not for recognition. Strive for excellence. Each day we bring our best selves and our best work to our community, creating a positive impact for our families and each other. We value continuous learning and improvement for ourselves and our work. Innovate through collaboration. We energize the organization, enhancing the lives of those we serve, through the ideas and unique talents of each Clayton community member and those of our partners. We lead with "How might we?" and bring curiosity to discover solutions to hard problems. We discover new approaches through collective creativity and collaborative action. We welcome a steady flow of ideas, people, and partnerships that foster a thriving learning environment on our campus for changemakers.
Clayton Early Learning is an equal opportunity employer that values workplace diversity. We strive to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences, and perspectives. We prohibit discrimination of employees or applicants on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disability, or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.