A premier Pre-School in Cypress, TX is looking to fill the position of Lead Teacher
A lead teacher at our school is responsible for establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment. Additionally a lead teacher is responsible to work together with an assistant teacher and in conjunction with the entire faculty.
A lead teacher must meet the qualifications of his/her state and the following qualifications:
- the ability to understand and support the education program using "learning through play" philosophy;
- the ability to interact closely with children at their level;
- the ability to keep children within sight and sound supervision at all times;
- the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with school personnel, children and parents;
- the ability to comply in all respects with all applicable laws and regulations relating to childcare.
All candidates who wish to be considered for the position of lead teacher must meet one or more of the following criteria, in addition to any/all requirements that may be mandated by their state and/or local licensing authorities:
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development.
- An Associate's degree or higher in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development or a related field.
- A current CDA or Proof of current and active enrollment in a CDA Credentialing Program.
- Previous experience working as a lead teacher
Lead Teacher Responsibilities
A lead teacher's responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Establish and maintain a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment
Advance children's physical and intellectual competence
Support each child's social and emotional development and provide positive guidance
Establish positive and effective family relations
Ensure an effective program, responsive to children's needs
Maintain professional commitment
Job Type: Full-time