Job DescriptionIs your nest empty? Fill your days with children's laughter and love by teaching at Primrose School of Evergreen. Your parenting wisdom can make a real difference. Good pay, exceptional work environment, priceless satisfaction.
The Primrose School of Evergreen is seeking a full-time, Young Infant Classroom Teacher. Children in this classroom are from age 6 weeks to 24 months. This position will ensure adherence to our mission of bringing the best and most trusted in early childhood education and child care services to families we serve. We are seeking an individual who is energetic, organized, a problem solver and possesses great communication skills. This individual needs to be passionate about early childhood education and dedicated to the success of our next generation.
Learn more about our Infant Program here.
A few of the benefits
of being part of the Primrose team include:
- The opportunity to make a difference
- A working environment in which team members respect one another
- A School Leadership Team that supports the professional and personal growth of the staff
- Low student/teacher ratios
- Clear expectations, necessary resources, and support to meet children's needs
- Extensive training and opportunities for continual learning and development for staff
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance reimbursement
- Paid Sick Leave
- Teacher Training
- Free On-duty Lunch prepared in School Kitchen
- Uniforms Provided
- 12 or more core units in Early Childhood Education Required
- 3 units in Infant/Toddler Required
- Work experience in a licensed child care facility as an Infant/Toddler Room Teacher.
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency including finger-printing and background check
- Proficient computer and internet skills
- Knowledge of the social, emotional, and creative needs of young children
- Pleasant/friendly demeanor and an outgoing personality
- Highly professional and dependable
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations. For Infant and Young Toddler teachers, must be able to properly lift infants into and out of a crib.
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of Evergreen and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and programming.
- Plans with a member of the Leadership Team the parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
Each Primrose school is a privately owned and operated franchise, and the respective Franchise Owner is the employer at each school. Franchise Owners set their own wage and benefit programs, which vary among Franchise Owners. Primrose Schools and its Franchise Owners are equal opportunity employers. Positions and position titles vary by school.