This position has the responsibility of assisting and implementing capital projects and large-scale expense/repair projects in line with the strategic plan of the company as directed by Sr. Associate Director - US Engineering and BIAH Site Services Organization. These projects will include the construction/renovation of facilities, installation of equipment, or implementation of new processes.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Manage small capital and expense projects, with support from a Project Manager.
* Working with Project Manager, identify, define, evaluate, and select key and ad hoc project team members required to ensure project success.
* Research and implement project tasks in support of projects managed by others.
* Communicate effectively with Project Manager, management, end users, project team members, supporting departments, and all project stakeholders.
* Research potential projects to determine feasibility of project, to provide data for projects in the corporate Investment Intention and Investment Application format. These projects may be for any department within the company.
* Assist in the preparation of contract documents for purchase and/or construction purposes. Obtain quotations based on contract documents. Prepare purchase and appropriation requests as needed for project.
* Work with consulting firms used in design of projects. Assist in the review of contract documents produced by consulting firms to verify adherence to project scope and technical expectations. Manage project accounting for consultant contract.
* Give input to support development of capital budget, such as identifying project scope and cost.
* Coordinate project activities to minimize effect on production schedules, employee relocations, and personnel safety. Communicate project progress to affected parties and other interested groups.
* Manage project finances to assure most effective use of available funding. Track project finances to assist the Finance Department. Justify and initiate change orders.
* Bachelors degree in Engineering from an accredited institution is required
* Leadership skills or extracurricular activities completed while earning degree are preferred.
* Ability to learn effective project management skills through training, mentoring, and work experience.
* Project management skills include communicating verbally and in writing, planning, scheduling, organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating project activities.
* Ability to visualize a finished product.
* Ability to understand and work within a regulated environment.
* Mechanical, structural, electrical, computer, drawing, and safety aptitude.
* Understand and practice basic financial & accounting methods and procedures.
* Willingness to meet with and communicate with a diverse population, including vendors, consultants, BIAH functions, etc.
* Communication in all forms (face-to-face, telephone, video, and written) is extremely important.
* Choosing the most effective form of communication is important as well.
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of biopharmaceutical regulations and good manufacturing practices through BIAH on the job training.
Desired Skills, Experience and Abilities:
* Knowledge and understanding of biopharmaceutical regulations and good manufacturing practices is preferred.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
* Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here (https%5C://www.boehringer-ingelheim.us/covid-19) for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients, and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a persons actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.