This position is responsible for managing a comprehensive Environmental, Health, & Safety Program for Vitro Automotive USA manufacturing locations and Satellite Assembly operations. Areas of responsibility include providing overall direction for developing and implementing programs and processes related to Environmental, Health & Safety for Vitro Automotive.
The incumbent will provide leadership and direction to help ensure a safe workplace for employees while ensuring compliance with applicable EH&S laws and regulations. This position will work with internal customers to make long term strategic and tactical decisions.
Experience in progressive EHS roles with 5+ years in a leadership role at the business until or corporate level.
Certification (CSP, CIH, CHMM, etc.)
Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage complexity.
Ability to influence decisions and actions
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent organizational skills
Knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations including OSHA, EPA, DOT, DHS, ISO 14001-2015, workers compensation, fire protection, facility security, etc.
1. Provide direction and leadership for EHS programs at all Vitro Automotive USA facilities.
2. Aid in the development, implementation and sustainability of Vitro Automotive USA EHS Management Systems including IS014001-2015.
3. Manage Corporate EHS and Worker's Compensation budget.
4. Ensure and/or provide oversight for the Worker's Compensation (WC)/Injury Management processes for Vitro Automotive USA, along with the Manager, EHS.
5. Coordinate and/or perform periodic facility audits to ensure compliance with Vitro Automotive EHS requirements, EHS regulatory compliance, Department of Homeland Security, and the ISO 14001-2015 Environmental Management System Standard.
6. Develop and implement goals, strategies, and KPI's for improving EHS performance at Vitro Automotive USA facilities. Monitor and periodically report on progress.
7. Develop and mentor Vitro Automotive USA plant EHS resources.
8. Coordinate and/or administrate EHS IT databases used by Vitro Automotive USA facilities (e.g. Intelex, 3E Protect, Medgate, etc.).
Bachelor's degree in Safety, Environmental or equivalent, Masters preferred
15+ years' experience