Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
As the Safety Manager, you will support management and personnel by developing safety and health programs to ensure the safety of our employees. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.What you'll do on a typical day:
What you need to succeed at GXO:
- Develop, update and maintain written safety and health procedures in compliance with company policies, as well as state and federal regulations
- Serve as the subject matter expert for OSHA compliance and the primary point of contact for all safety-related issues
- Participate in incident investigations; ensure complete and accurate incident documentation and reporting
- Conduct compliance audits to ensure practices and record accuracy, including OSHA documentation, and comply with all government and company policies
- Participate in new process reviews, including job hazard analysis, new process training, etc.
- Create, maintain, and deliver safety training on a regular basis
- Conduct risk assessments to minimize and eliminate risk, losses and environmental issues
- Analyze safety and health data, develop metrics and create and distribute reports for leadership
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 4 years of related work experience, including 2 years of safety audit experience
- Experience reporting safety metrics (leading/lagging indicators)
- Experience with Microsoft Office
It'd be great if you also have:
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Safety Sciences or a related field
- Membership in a nationally recognized safety organization
- Availability to travel as needed to support organizational safety needs
- 5 years of experience managing safety and health programs in an industrial or warehouse environment
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.