Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in within 50 miles of La Crosse, WI, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide initial education and training for provider contacts and medical practitioners telephonically and/or electronically in regard to: examinee and provider responsibilities, electronic or paper document completion, service requirements and Provider Portal navigation (includes federal regulation and contract requirements)
- Determine the need for refresher training based on analysis of prior practitioner/provider trainings, recent appointment history and any noted issues and/or errors
- Determine need for corrective training based on analysis of check-listing reports per contract as well as via issues identified by interdepartmental communications, and provide corrective training to the appropriate clinical personnel and/or practitioner(s).
- Answer Medical Provider Education (MPE) department queue line calls for various contracts. Assist with all questions regarding exams and services (both clinical and non-clinical), training completion and portal navigation
- Identify issues that require communications with various internal departments to facilitate completion of an order, verify contract requirements, or resolve of contract issue
- Research, follow-up and document all information in relation to Unusual Incident Reports (UIRs), customer satisfaction surveys, and customer complaints. Provide communication back to the customer for all resolutions
- Provide input as subject matter expert (SME) on items of a clinical nature for numerous areas, such as provider/practitioner calls, creation and updating of training reference documents and eLearning content, and Service member concerns regarding unusual incidents and adverse provider experiences
- Process and/or repackage laboratory specimens, inadvertently sent to LHI for processing, to the appropriate testing facility
- Available for an 8 hour schedule between 7:00am CST - 5:00pm CST
- May be required to work occasional evening and weekend hours to accommodate customer's various time zones and/or needs
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- Vocational or Technical Training / education in a Medical related field such as Medic, Corpsman, EMT, Medical Assistant, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- 2+ years of experience in a clinical setting in a client facing position
- Knowledge of medical terminology as well as routine and complex concepts related to medical procedures and protocols
- Microsoft Excel (creating and editing spreadsheets), Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents) and Microsoft Outlook (creating and sending email)
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Defense Health Agency eQuip Form SF86
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- LPN license or MA certificate
- Experience and/or knowledgeable in regard to audio and vision testing; immunizations; lab specimen collection from blood draws, urine specimen collection, DOT Urine Specimen, Collection Procedures and Pap smears; EKG; spirometry; Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Advisory Criteria; military medical retention standards; preventive health services/screenings (USPSTF Guidelines)
- Military experience
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment. Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: LHI Clinical Trainer, Optum, OptumServe, Trainer, Clinical Trainer, LHI, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote