Job Description92Y is looking for a Nursery School After-School Counselor to join the children's Enrichment and Engagement Team!
The Nursery School After-School Counselor is responsible for picking up children from 92Y Nursery Classrooms and bringing them to their 92Y After-School enrichment activities. They will also be responsible for the general safety and development, growth, and class support of the participants. The incumbent will provide high-quality educational and recreational experiences for participants. The Nursery School After-School runs from February 2022- May 2022. The staff hours are from 1-3pm. The Nursery School After-School Counselor will participate in staff training in advance of the start date as well as bi-monthly staff meetings after children are dismissed.
Experience, Education, & Skills Desired
- Daily supervision of children including picking students up from their Nursery School Classes and bringing them to enrichment classes within 92Y.
- Provide support and assistance to children while respecting their privacy and sense of self-worth so that they can meaningfully engage in your activity
- Assume responsibilities for the health, safety, and well-being of children while they are present in enrichment classes
- Communicate regularly to Program Director observations and concerns regarding the needs and problems of individual children
- Participate in a staff orientation program and read and understand the policies of Nursery School After-School as set forth in the Staff manual and comply with its rules and regulations, including dress code and emergency procedures
Work Environment & Requirements
- Experience teaching specialty activity in an early childhood setting, school, camp, or youth program environment.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks independently
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Nursery School After-School runs from February 2022- May 2022.
- Staff hours are from 1 - 3 pm.
- There will be mandatory staff training in advance of the start date as well as bi-monthly staff meetings after children are dismissed.
- All 92Y employees must provide proof od COVID-19 vacination status.