Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
We are currently seeking a Per Diem Behavioral Health Physician Reviewer
. This individual will serve as a behavioral health professional to evaluate and provide a clear, comprehensive and concise review of VA Compensation and Pension Behavioral Health Disability claims. Serve as a point of contact and resource for the Veteran Services Department and communicate with internal and external entities. Provide Practitioner education. Perform internal Behavioral Health Opinion only requests as required by applicable contracts.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- Licensed MD or DO, Accredited Board Certified / Board Eligible (BC / BE)
- Current and unrestricted state license or the ability to obtain licensure in the state where the employee's work will be performed. This may include a compact license (Interstate Medical Licensure Compact) as long as it complies with that state's existing Medical Practice Act
- 2+ years of active clinical practice experience in a Department of Veterans Affairs Behavioral Health environment
- Experience with Department of Veterans Affairs
- Knowledge and prior performance of VA Compensation and Pension Examinations disability evaluations with knowledge of VA quality and timeliness measures
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Careers with LHI.
- Certified VA Compensation and Pension Examiner
- Military experience
- Military and / or veteran healthcare experience
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy as well as the ability to demonstrate organizational skills and multi-tasking
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our focus is simple. We're innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you'll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We've joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We're located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We're supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $38.32 to $68.56 Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Behavioral Health Physician, Veterans Administration, Compensation And Pension, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Healthcare, VA, Physician Reviewer, MD, DO, Department Of Veterans Affairs, Military, C&P, Compensation And Pension, Compensation, Pension, Per Diem, Part Time, Telecommute, Work From Home, Bethesda, MD, Tampa, FL, Richmond, VA, Houston, TX, Atlanta, GA, Columbia, SC, Maryland, Florida, Virginia, Texas, Georgia, South Carolina