Job DescriptionBring It! The Group-X Instructor (GXI)
is responsible for motivating our members to reach their health and fitness goals through group exercise. The GXI will create and deliver new, fresh and innovative workouts. The GXI will instruct group classes in a safe, enjoyable and positive environment that welcomes people of all skill and fitness levels. Teacher:
- The GXI will teach proper form, technique, exercise formats and choreography.
- The GXI will use a variety of teaching methods to engage every skill level of fitness enthusiast.
- The GXI will safely navigate members to accommodate learning styles and capabilities.
- The GXI will motivate members to consistently attend GXI classes by leading fun, energizing, and dynamic classes.
- The GXI will deliver best in class group fitness classes to enhance class participation and individual performance.
- GXI's will celebrate achievement of class participants related to personal goals, mastering of specific skills or overall health and well-being.
- The GXI will build relationships within the community, as well as with members and guests as it relates to their overall health and fitness goals and encourage participation.
- Professionally promote Group-X classes to increase awareness and class participation in accordance with company guidelines.
- Continuously monitor class participants to ensure they are receiving the best possible experience by engaging them, observing and correcting form, acknowledging members, new participants and guests.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Current CPR Certification
- National Group Fitness Certification or Specialty Fitness Certification
- Minimum of 1 year of prior group exercise training highly preferred, not required
- Must teach a minimum of 1 class per month
- Knowledge of safe fitness technique and group fitness principles
- Knowledge of basic physiology and body mechanics
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including leading class, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting
- Personable, enthusiastic, patient and outgoing personality
- Positive attitude and collaborative team player
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Passion for health and fitness