When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer and COVID-19, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.Location/Division
The Technical Application Scientist II is part of the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) which is one of six groups within Thermo Fisher Scientific and is an important part of the company's total value proposition. With an innovative and broad life sciences portfolio, a strong presence at bench, best-in-class web and e-commerce channels, industry-leading on-site supply center coverage and one of the most technically experienced sales and support teams, LSG brings incredible core strength to the broader company.
Position is a hybrid of working from home and at one of the below Thermo Fisher Scientific sites:
Grand Island, NYHow will you make an impact?
The Technical Applications Scientist is responsible for providing remote pre and post sales technical support of Thermo Fisher Scientific products to customers and field personnel, as well as relaying customer feedback to the organization.What will you do?
Location:Position is a hybrid of working from home and at one of the below Thermo Fisher Scientific sites:
- Provide technical support for Thermo Fisher Scientific Cell Analysis product lines and services by answering customer technical inquiries. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email or web chat.
- Provide customer support on technical issues by utilizing all available resources, and escalate issues or problems when warranted.
- Participate in frequent training on products and continuing education on new applications and technologies to remain at the cutting edge of scientific knowledge.
- Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in Customer Relationship Management system.
- Summarize trends and technology as technical tips, FAQ's and troubleshooting guides.
- Recommend changes to knowledge databases, website, and other company-managed databases of technical information.
- Present technical updates to colleagues and contribute to department meetings.
- May present technical and product information at trade shows and in customer field visits.
- Participate in additional special team or individual projects.
- May be required to perform other related duties as opportunities arise.
- Some travel may be required for the position
Grand Island, NYHow will you get here?Education
- Minimum educational requirement is a B.S., B.A. or M.S. in life sciences or chemistry or a similar field.
- Preferred Qualifications: PhD. or a PhD. with post-doctoral experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years of laboratory experience in cell biology techniques or demonstrated equivalency of knowledge. Experience in cell analysis techniques (fluorescent cell staining, cell health assays, immunoassays, imaging, Flow Cytometry, Microplate reader assays, HCS analysis) is most applicable.
- Chemistry background a plus
- Prior experience in customer service a plus.
Position may require Covid-19 vaccination and/or routine testing, per client discretion. As a requirement to be onsite at Thermo Fisher Scientific this position requires vaccination status disclosure upon employment.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Problem-solving ability
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, word processing and Internet applications
- A minimum two-year commitment to Technical Support is required due to the extensive up-front training needed to fully support our expansive product line
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000+ extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.