Job DescriptionThe Organization
What's happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Our mission is to transform the treatment of devastating diseases and improve patients' quality of life using intracellular biologics. Leveraging our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV)™ platform, we are creating and advancing a diverse pipeline of oligonucleotide, enzyme, protein and peptide programs to efficiently target and engage underlying drivers of diseases.
Our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular biologics.
We're a tight-knit team of experts and leaders in both therapeutics development and rare disease and are excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.
The Perfect Fit
You should be versatile, self-motivated, and looking forward to rolling up your sleeves, as you will be involved in all aspects of neuromuscular and cardiac biology. You should have hands-on experience in pre-clinical in vivo research involving genetic mouse or rat models and enjoy a combination of hands-on rodent work and ex vivo tissue processing and analysis. Must be skilled in mouse/rat handling (colony management, genotyping, dosing, tissue collection). Familiarity with ex-vivo assays such as DNA, RNA and protein preparation, qRT-PCR, Western blot, and IHC analysis is helpful but not required. Your team player mentality and excellent communication skills will allow you to collaborate effectively as you work alongside your team as well as cross-functionally.
In this position, you will be part of a cross-functional team exploring new therapeutic programs for neuromuscular and cardiovascular disease areas. You will play a critical role in both in vivo and ex vivo aspects of pre-clinical POC studies including functional testing.
- Plan and execute preclinical proof of concept studies utilizing multiple genetic mouse and rat models of neuromuscular and cardiac diseases
- Utilize in vivo skills including rodent handling, colony management, genotyping, drug treatment (IV (tail vein), IP, IT, SC, and ICV routes), and tissue collection (blood, muscle, brain, CSF and other tissues)
- Execute and troubleshoot ex vivo assays and techniques including DNA, RNA and protein preparation, qRT-PCR, Western blot, and IHC
- Interpret and present research data and findings in internal scientific meetings
- Effectively collaborate and communicate in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment
- Be scientifically curious and self-driven with good time management skills
- Document work in a well-maintained lab notebook
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
- Humanity - We genuinely care about patients and about one another.
- Tenacity - We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients.
- Creativity - We are creative problem solvers.
- Collaboration - We are more than the sum of our parts.
- Curiosity - We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory.
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- B.S./M.S. in Molecular/Cellular biology or a related field with 0-2 years of relevant academic or industry experience for the RA I or 2+ years of experience for the RA II position
- Proficiency in rodent dosing (IV (tail vein), IP, IT, SC, and ICV routes), blood/CSF collection, and tissue collection is required.
- Hands-on experience with ex vivo sample processing including DNA, RNA, and protein extractions is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to run PCR, qPCR, western blot, and IHC is preferred, but not required.
- Foundational knowledge of skeletal/cardiac muscle biology is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
By becoming a team member here at Entrada, you'll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you'll benefit from discretionary time off, paternity leave, and an excellent 401(k) package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. Our location in the vibrant and growing Seaport District is close to all the best that the city of Boston has to offer.
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Third Party Staffing Agencies
Entrada does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specified position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Entrada from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Entrada and do not obligate Entrada to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.
Powered by JazzHR