Barnes Group Inc. - Barnes Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a Health, Safety & Environmental Affairs (HSE) Manager at the Windsor Division. The candidate will be responsible for leading the HSE program and ensuring the division is in compliance with all Federal and State regulations and BGI HSE Standards. If you are a career-minded, results-oriented individual who thrives in a fast paced environment, please submit your name for further consideration. This position reports to the Windsor site Division Manager, with a dotted line to the Barnes Aerospace HSE SBU Leader.\nCore Responsibilities:
- Manage all HSE programs for the Windsor Division to assure compliance with BGI HSE Standards and all applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations. At least 50% of time is spent on the shop floor working directly with employees, supervisors, managers and engineers coordinating HSE activities and driving new HSE initiatives.
- Actively participate on all site teams and activities including Gemba walks, corporate audits, self-audits and BES/continuous improvement events. Collaborate with engineering and production support teams to evaluate and improve fabrication, tooling, and manufacturing practices to eliminate or reduce HSE risks; support factory transformation project activities where needed.
- Partner with Operations management in setting goals and plans for the prevention of injuries & incidents, to ensure regulatory compliance and to continuously improve the HSE management system. Assist managers in investigating all workplace HSE incidents to determine root cause and assist in identifying and implementing corrective actions that address systemic deficiencies and will prevent recurrence.
- Conduct risk assessments; proactively identify and evaluate hazards and recommend corrective measures. Conduct machine guarding assessments and partner with operations to develop safe set up procedures. Conduct ergonomic assessments and implement ergonomic improvements.
- Develop and conduct employee HSE training that is engaging and impactful and satisfies minimum regulatory requirements.
- Guide and support operations on employee engagement in HSE and behavior-based safety observations. Implement proactive health & wellness programs to ensure a safe workplace. Manage elements of the Worker's Compensation program, including initial investigation and reporting, claims management and safe return to work.
- Manage the Compliance Calendar and all internal/external reporting and regulatory compliance; collect and report data such as air emissions, hazard waste, water and energy usage and incident reports; prepare and submit required agency reports/plans (e.g., OSHA Logs, Tier II, Form R, EAP/ERP, SWPPP, SPCC, Radiation Source, NESHAPs, etc.); schedule and conduct sampling as required; work with government agencies as need to prevent regulatory non-compliance.
- 5-8 years of HSE experience in a manufacturing environment, with emphasis on health & safety.
- Experience in identifying and abating critical risks, such as machine guarding, confined space entry, electrical safety, and lock out tag out.
- Demonstrated experience in HSE management systems and process improvement. Requires understanding of HSE regulations and standards.
- Substantial functional experience with proven track record of success in preventing injuries and regulatory non-compliance.
- Strong leadership and people engagement skills; leads by example using leadership effectiveness (EI).
- Develops effective working relationships which foster integrity, trust and respect at all levels of the organization.
- Effectively communicate and share information, knowledge and expertise with all levels of the organization .
- Must have the ability to be resourceful and collaborate to foster continuous improvement.
- Must have the ability to inspire the team to drive productivity increases and standardization.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Competent in all areas of chemical management including chemical lines and clean rooms.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related field. MS degree desired.