Bristol Environmental Remediation Services, LLC is seeking a qualified Environmental Scientist in our San Antonio, TX location. Responsibilities include preparing planning documents and reports; preparing for field sampling activities; field logistics; performing investigations/assessments, site characterizations, and remediation work; documenting all field activities; assisting the Project Manager in obtaining subcontractors, and providing subcontractor oversight.
Our mission: We are committed to building lasting relationships that reflect our hard work, ingenuity and dedication to safety. Every employee has an impact on our success, which benefits the Native culture, land and people of the Bristol Bay region.
Our values: People, Communities, Reputation, Teamwork, Trust, Truth
- Prepare Planning Documents and Reports for environmental projects including Preliminary Assessments / Site Inspections, Remedial Investigations / Feasibility Studies, site investigations, site characterizations, and remediation projects.
- Perform Field Sampling Activities - Identifying equipment needed for field activities; field screening and collecting environmental samples including soil, groundwater, air, sediment and surface water samples for field screening and laboratory analysis; site reconnaissance, slug testing, gauging and product removal; performing work in accordance with local and federal laws, and in a safe manner.
- Perform Field Logistics - Coordinate with subcontractors; perform utility locates, mobilize and demobilize to/from the work site (work includes travel and field activities throughout Alaska and the Lower 48), and sample shipping.
- Supervise Subcontractors - including drillers, geophysical surveyors, excavation service providers, laboratories, land surveyors, etc.; direct the installation and development of monitoring and remediation wells
- Document Field Activities - Record field data, analyze and interpret findings; compile and complete field notes; organize and file data (electronically).
Requirements Minimum Education/Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science, Biology or related field.
Required Knowledge or Skills
- Conduct multi-media sampling collection, knowledge and use of field instruments and familiarity with GPS.
- Commit to field schedules ranging from 1 day to 6 weeks in a variety of weather conditions throughout Alaska and the Lower 48.
- Ability to gather and analyze data, reason logically and creatively, draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and computer skills (Excel and Word).
- Ability to prioritize and organize, work well under stress, meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change.
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist and communicate with staff.
- Ability to perform tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Working knowledge of applicable environmental regulations.
- Experience with USACE UFP-QAPP requirements/procedures.
- Familiarity with incremental sampling.
Preferred Knowledge or Skills
- Current DoD security clearance (NACI or greater)
- HAZWOPER, DOT/IATA Hazmat certifications
- Field sampling experience