Monte Rosa Therapeutics is looking for an experienced, energetic, and self-motivated scientist who joins our team in Boston to work on the discovery and characterization of novel medicines for oncology and non-oncology indications. At Monte Rosa we are taking a rational approach to targeting disease-causing proteins for degradation by means of molecular glue degraders (MGD). Protein degradation as a therapeutic modality can markedly extend the target space, allowing us to attack proteins with a strong link to human disease that were previously deemed undruggable. Our team combines deep knowledge and outstanding skills in the areas of chemistry, structural and cell biology, computational modeling and translational science to deliver pioneering degrader therapeutics for cancer and other diseases.
The successful candidate will work in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment within our multi-disciplinary teams of scientists, contributing to all biology research activities that are required to progress MGD projects within our growing portfolio from target disease relevance validation and hit finding and validation up to lead optimization.
The candidate will be a highly creative biologist with experience working with degraders and a strong desire to succeed at the highest level. This individual will lead early drug discovery projects in a highly matrix team environment and direct the activities of research associates under their supervision. In addition, a successful candidate will have the opportunity to drive research activities with external partners, organize and lead internal sub-teams, contribute to identification and validation of novel targets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Lead multiple internal and external early drug discovery biology efforts from hit and lead identification and validation up to lead optimization
Identify and validate therapeutic hypothesis using tool molecules as well as genetic tools
Design and develop cell and molecular biology experiments to validates hits, to define mechanism of action for molecular glue degraders and identify pharmacodynamic markers for utility in pre-clinical setting
Work in collaboration with the bioinformatic team to analyze and utilize internal and external genomics data sets to design and test hypothesis for drug targets
Management of external CROs focusing on early drug discovery studies, such as reagent generation, assay development and validation
Management of collaborations with academic groups
Interpret, present and report research findings at internal meeting an external scientific conferences
Manage and direct the activities of a group of research associates
* Ph.D in cell/molecular biology or genetics with 3-5 years industry experience in oncology or non-oncology drug discovery research
* Strong background in Biology, experience with small molecule degrader-based therapies desired
* Experience with state of the art molecular biology methods and assays essential to drive drug discovery projects
* Experience using in vitro / vivo models for early drug discovery
* Strong data analytic is a plus
* Experience in working with CRO
* Proven track record of striving for high level innovation and scientific excellence
* Excellent management, training and education skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven record of empowering world class science and energizing teams
* Flexibility to accommodate to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
* Ability to work in a team-based environment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills