Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.Responsibilities
- Preparereports (air emissions, fuel reports, waste water, SARA 312/313, etc), for various government agencies for multiple sites and states to meet regulatory requirements
- Prepare and coordinate waste water reporting for multiple sites and states
- Assist in Completing emission inventories
- Oversee the maintenance of hazardous waste recordkeeping; prepare reports and update files
- Maintain chemical inventory; responsible for new chemical/material review and approval. Ensure these chemicals/materials are added to appropriate inventories and information is updated
- Assist in the preparation of environmental plans for multiple sites and states - example: Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans, Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure, etc.
- Assist in the process of and complete new construction permitting regarding air / waste water / solid waste issues, maintain confidentiality when working on new, confidential projects
- Provide regulatory guidance to sites, legal, and management teams for locations worldwide
- Provide regulatory audit assistance as needed; perform multi-media audits as required. Participate in cross-functional audits in support of other Mohawk teams (i.e., Safety) and provide environmental input as needed, including Third-Party Audits
- Assist in implementation of environmental management systems including ISO 14001 system both in US and internationally. Conducting Internal Audits for ISO certification
- Assist in the development and deploy environmental training based on existing policies and procedures; includes serving as instructor
- Assist in emergency response situations to regional facilities to address environmental issues
- Participate in routine planning and business meetings representing the environmental department for various business units Stand-in for Director Environmental Services when necessary
- Participate in professional and trade organizations at the Regional, State, and Federal levels
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of regulatory oversight and maintain knowledge of regulatory overview for 50 states
- Provide guidance to outside contractors regarding Mohawk / governmental regulatory requirements
- Other duties as required by management
- Process chemical approvals. Compare chemicals to air permits as necessary
- Oversee the Gathering and maintain fuel usages and waste disposals records for sustainability reporting
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry or Biology or related discipline. Plus three to five years' experience in environment related work.
- Advanced knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within area of specialty, including Federal and international regulations
- ISO 14001 implementation experience highly desirable
- A variety of experience in the field's practices and procedures
- Experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Excellent communication skills - oral, written, presentational and interpersonal to effectively interact with all levels of management, internal, and external business contacts.
- Critical thinking, strong time management, complex problem solving and information processing abilities.
- Self-starter, technical aptitude, strong mathematical, analytical skills.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.