We Invite You To Explore The Following Exciting Opportunity To Join Our Team
American Structurepoint is constantly defining the built environment by creating an atmosphere of creativity, responsibility, diversity, accountability, and entrepreneurship. We believe that innovation comes from a constant flow of diverse ideas. The phrase "because that's how we've always done it" is never a part of our conversations. We encourage our experts to try new things and explore ideas that can help our clients achieve their goals, even if those ideas are unconventional. We are looking for innovative, creative, and passionate professionals who seek excellence in all they do to serve their clients.Group: Environmental Services Position: Sr. Environmental Scientist Location: Indianapolis, IN Position Summary:
General duties include preparation of environmental documentation under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) requirements. Additional duties may include, but are not limited to, conducting wetland and waterway delineations, preparation of "Waters" reports, preparation of waterway permits, development of wetland and/or stream mitigation plans, and mitigation site monitoring, conducting Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and general environmental consulting.ResponsibilitiesSpecific Duties:
- Technical Responsibilities
- Perform field data collection for environmental investigations and natural resource surveys, including coordination of staff-level scientists assigned to the project;
- Collect and compile environmental data from samples of soil, water, and other materials for analysis;
- Collect and compile geographic information for project site(s) including, but not limited to, use of global positioning system (GPS) instruments;
- Preparation of maps depicting environmental data collected, including development of project-specific maps utilizing geographic information system (GIS) software;
- Analyze samples, surveys, and other information to identify and assess impacts to the natural and human environment and identify mechanisms to avoid, minimize or mitigate for impacts;
- Develop plans, technical reports and/or permit applications to document impacts to the natural or human environment;
- Coordinate regularly with applicable government agencies to identify natural and socio-economic resources potentially affected by assigned projects;
- Understand and maintain proficiency with environmental regulations applicable to the development of transportation and other civil works projects;
- Assist in the planning and execution of public participation and outreach for projects, including but not limited to preparation of legal notices, preparation and delivery of presentations to the general public, governmental officials, and businesses regarding environmental impacts.
- Serve as a mentor on the technical aspects of NEPA documentation and analysis, as well as wetland and waterway delineations, waterway permits, Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and general environmental consulting
- Project Development and Management
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, fee justifications, and contracts for assigned projects in conjunction with the Project manager, Environmental Services Group Leader and Principal-in-Charge
- In consultation with the Project Manager, implement project-specific work plans and develop updates to project schedules, as necessary.
- Quality Assurance
- In consultation with Project Manager, coordinate the work of project personnel assigned to the project, to ensure each project meets the highest professional standards and follows the established quality procedures;
- Review interim draft and final environmental documents, reports, mapping, plans and computations prepared by staff scientists and technicians for completeness and accuracy prior to every submittal to the Project Manager
- As directed by the Project Manager, review work performed by other departments and/or sub-consultants to insure satisfactory performance
- Respond to regulatory agency comments and problems as quickly as possible
- Other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of projects
- Efficiency of work performed
- Demonstrated capability to complete assigned work with minimal supervision
- Quality scores of projects
- Level of client and regulatory agency relationships maintained
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in the environmental science field.
- Must be proficient with MS Office applications.
- Ability to travel and work in the field (outdoors).
- Proficiency with ARC GIS preferred.
FHWA NEPA (or in process of obtaining)
American Structurepoint is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.