HGL (HYDROGEOLOGIC, INC.), is an industry leader with over 30 years of experience providing comprehensive environmental engineering services by implementing innovative, effective, and sustainable solutions that address today's environmental, infrastructure, and natural resource challenges. HGL provides environmental engineering, remediation, and construction services, as well as Military Munitions Response Program support to the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Department of Energy, and other federal and state government clients. HGL is one of the few companies that remain committed to research and development, offering a dynamic work environment for creative, energetic professionals.
Currently, HGL has a _part time_ or _full time_ position open for an Associate Environmental Field Scientist in Dallas, TX. The successful candidate will be required to telecommute, which will require a high degree of professional discipline.
The successful candidate will be responsible for execution of environmental field tasks and related office work. Tasks may include environmental field work to include environmental sampling, drilling oversight, and overseeing remedial actions; supporting deliverable preparation to include calculations, development of maps and drawings, and data entry and analysis.
Both local and overnight field work is required (approximately 70-80% per year). In addition, extended field work may be required (several weeks or more in duration).
This position generally requires at least 2-4 years of related work experience. The successful candidate will generally have the following skills and experience:
* Experience collecting groundwater, soil, and soil vapor samples utilizing various sampling techniques to include low flow and passive techniques for groundwater sampling.
* Experience with groundwater sampling pumps, water quality meters, water level meters, PIDs, and other field sampling equipment.
* Oversight of soil boring completion and well installations activities.
* Oversight of remedial actions to include soil excavations, amendment injections, and treatment system construction.
* Treatment system operations and maintenance (O&M) to include a basic understanding of various construction disciplines to include plumbing and electrical.
* The ability to interact effectively with DoD installation personnel.
* Proficiency in MS Office applications.
* Strong oral communication and field documentation skills.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a history of responsibility, reliability, initiative and resourcefulness. A strong attention to detail is required. The individual will be required to record data from field instruments onto field sheets or tablets, and organize, pack, and ship environmental samples. Field documentation will be detailed and 100% complete, maintained in a neat and organized fashion, and legible to others. The individual will interface with other field personnel including environmental scientists, geologists, and engineers. The individual must be able to learn, understand, and implement standard HGL policies and procedures. Safety is a key element for this position.
PFAS sampling and remediation experience.
The Environmental Field Scientist requires a minimum of a BS or BA degree in Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology, or a related discipline.
It is preferred that applicants are fully vaccinated.
To perform the duties of this position a person will need to be in good physical health and be able to lift up to 50 pounds in order to perform field tasks. Field tasks may take place in environments which include rugged terrain and weather extremes. The successful candidate will have OSHA HAZWOPER certification. Overtime and moderate physical work are routinely required. A pre-hire drug test and physical is required. Some positions may require US Citizenship.