ECS is seeking a Survey Data Scientist
to work in our Fairfax, VA
office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award. Job Description:
ECS has an opening for a Quantitative survey data scientist to support large-scale and national NOAA Fisheries' surveys. The selected candidate will work with a team of project managers, statisticians, and external survey administrators to set up, launch, and monitor surveys, and to resolve issues as they arise. Clear and proactive communications is critical to this role.
- Work with a team to implement a mail survey and monitor pilot project research designs
- Quality Control, Auditing, and Editing of Survey Data - Develop and implement data quality procedures to identify and resolve potential errors associated with sampling, reporting, coding and processing of survey data.
- Survey sample - Randomly select the survey sample by defined stratification variables based on specified NOAA Fisheries requirements.
- Sample Frame Management - Manage address-based sample frames, including the identification and removal of duplicate records and matching to supplemental sample frames.
- Survey estimation - Develop and execute programs to produce final survey datasets and estimates. Develop and implement procedures to review survey estimates and identify and evaluate potentially anomalous values.
- Survey Weighting - Modify the original sample weights using various non-response, raking, and post stratification adjustments.
- Document Survey Operations - Document existing or new procedures or protocols for sample selection, data collection, data processing, and/or statistical estimation. Produce annual report describing survey procedures and results, including sample sizes, survey response rates, results of data processing activities and survey estimates.
- Data Dissemination - Facilitate responses to routine requests for survey data and statistics which are maintained in SAS format, and produce data tables and datasets with requested information.
- Monitor Survey Performance - Monitor the conduct of survey tasks by subcontractors. This work requires understanding of the basic schedule of sampling and data collection tasks performed by subcontractors.
- Review Survey Deliverables - Check and review survey deliverables to determine whether they meet contract requirements.
- Participate in team's work to develop, evaluate and document alternative survey design and estimation methodologies.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Graduate degree in quantitative ecology quantitative fisheries science, statistics, survey methodology, survey research, applied mathematics, or a related field
- Strong data management and analysis skills.
- Expert level of SAS programming skills for data processing and evaluation, descriptive data analyses, and graphical outputs.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Knowledge of surveys and survey operations.
- Basic or intermediate GIS experience.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel for data explorations and analyses.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Motivated, proactive, and a self-starter.
- PhD degree is a plus
- Fisheries knowledge is a plus
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.