Carbide Industries LLC currently has an opening for an Environmental Engineer, providing oversight of environmental compliance programs for 2 manufacturing sites in KY. This position is based in Louisville, KY with occasional travel.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- · Ensures compliance and permitting for all federal, state and local environmental regulations for both facilities
- · Prepares rules, standards, procedures, and training programs as necessary
- · Coordinates environmental inspections, hazard assessments and analyses for both facilities
- · Assesses and recommends corrective and/or preventive measures
- · Manages the plant waste accumulation and disposal needs
- · Monthly safety audits and meetings at the Calvert City plant
- · Coordinates, and may share, duties with the Safety team
Qualifications (education, experience, abilities)
- · BS in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Health & Safety, or Industrial Hygiene is preferred
- · Three years of environmental experience in a manufacturing setting or within a government agency.
- · An understanding of environmental regulatory standards, including state and federal requirements
- In-depth knowledge of the Title V program, with direct experience in Title V permitting and Emissions Inventory calculations
- · Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in algebra, statistics and spreadsheet development required.
- · Position requires the ability to travel throughout the plant, up and down stairways and inclines.
- · Position requires the ability to travel by car and by air to customer locations and industrial sites.
- · Employee works primarily in climate controlled environment, but is frequently exposed to areas of heat, cold, dust and noise.
- · Normal protective equipment at sites may consist of safety glasses, steel toe work boots, respiratory and hearing protection.
Carbide Industries LLC is the premier manufacturer of Calcium Carbide in North America and operates the only submerged electrical arc furnace, producing Carbide, in the United States. Calcium Carbide produces Acetylene gas for industrial gas and chemical applications. It is also used as a desulfurizing agent and a source of energy and efficiency improvement in the steelmaking furnace.
Equal Opportunity Employer