is supporting the growth of a biotech company working on technologies in stem cell biology, tissue engineering, and 3D additive manufacturing with the goal of ending donor organ shortage.
We are seeking a candidate for the position of Research Associate with experience in cell biology to help develop autologous tissue constructs as a solution to end-stage renal disease, diabetes and other disorders. The ideal candidate is an innovative and self-motivated scientist with demonstrated ability to creatively solve difficult problems, is excellent at troubleshooting, and able to work well within a diverse team and independently. The ideal candidate would have technical expertise in multiple cell biology techniques including quantitative polymerase chain reaction, fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry and other immune-based assays. Primary cell isolation experience and knowledge of kidney biology and/or pancreas and islet biology are a plus. Three-dimensional tissue and cell culture experience, 3D printing and bioprinting experience, and biomaterials experience are a plus as well. The candidate will have wide-ranging responsibilities and opportunities within a dynamic, enthusiastic, highly interdisciplinary, and collaborative team.Job Responsibilities:
- Implement and help develop protocols for/ and routinely isolate cells from human tissue
- Implement and help develop strategies for characterization of primary cells
- Implement and help develop strategies for maintenance of cell functionality in-vitro
- Work as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute experiments that support research activities, project goals and platform development
- Serve as a key contributor to all aspects of lab operations
- Recent B.S. or M.S level scientist with 2+ years of experience in cell biology, tissue engineering, or related field
- Experience in mammalian cell culture
- Demonstrated expertise executing experiments using cell biology and bioengineering tools (including but not limited to: qPCR, immunostaining and fluorescent microscopy, flow cytometry, and other immune-based assays)
- Knowledge of kidney, lung and/or pancreas biology and physiology (not required but is a plus)
- Experience in three-dimensional printing, bioprinting, tissue culture (not required but is a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Salary: Commensurate with experience. This position is eligible for stock options.