Job DescriptionAtomic AI, Inc.
is a well-funded, early-stage biotech company transforming the rational design of molecules and medicines through the cutting-edge fusion of artificial intelligence and structural biology. Atomic's unique R&D platform, based on research featured on the cover of Science (doi.org/10.1126/science.abe5650), provides new strategies to treat or cure previously-undruggable diseases by targeting RNA structure. We are an interdisciplinary team working across computational and experimental biology and believe that our strongest asset is our people.The opportunity
As a full-time Research Associate or Senior Research Associate in the Bioscience team, you will work closely with scientists to advance our R&D technology platform for RNA structure prediction, target identification, and early drug discovery. You will be involved with both the incorporation and scale-up of established protocols as well as the invention of novel methods.
At Atomic AI, you will be an execution-focused self-starter with a passion for scientific research and a positive attitude when facing challenges. You will prioritize effectively amidst complexity, adapt nimbly to changing conditions, and grow outside of your comfort zone. You will collaborate thoughtfully and promote the success of all team members.Primary responsibilities
- Work with RNA scientists to develop new technologies for high-throughput characterization of RNA structure.
- Design, execute, and troubleshoot biochemistry and molecular biology experiments.
- Perform RNA transcription, purification, chemical mapping, and NGS library preparation.
- Analyze, interpret, and organize data, and clearly document and communicate research outcomes to colleagues.
- Work within a collaborative, high-caliber, interdisciplinary team.
- M.S. or B.S. in Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, or related field.
- Strong experimental skills with experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, and/or assay development.
- Experienced with nucleic acid molecular biology techniques, including in vitro transcription, RT-qPCR, and next-generation sequencing.
- Experienced analyzing genomic and next-generation sequencing data.
- Organized and rigorous in recording methodologies and results.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills, able to clearly communicate technical information to colleagues.
- 2+ years of relevant industry research experience.
- Proficient in data analysis tools in Python or similar language.
- Experienced with chromatographic purification techniques (e.g. size exclusion chromatography).
Please apply at: https://boards.greenhouse.io/atomicai/jobs/4151138004
Atomic AI is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, disability, or veteran status.