Molecular Diagnostic Service (MDS) is an independent contract service organization, providing comprehensive cellular and molecular biology, toxicology, microbiology, sterility assurance, and biocompatibility services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and research institutions.
MDS is seeking an experienced Research Associate with a strong background in molecular and cellular biology. The successful candidate will have experience in mammalian cell culture, cell-based assays, ELISAs, and animal models including tissue and blood processing. Staining and processing samples for multiparameter flow cytometry analysis would be an added advantage. The Research Associate will work with internal and external partners to perform assays as required. The ideal candidate will possess excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and strong attention to detail.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BSc or MSc in cell biology or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in either academic lab, biotech or pharmaceutical industries
- Knowledge of aseptic techniques and cell culture, cell-based assays including reporter assays, proliferation assays and ELISAs
- Experience with animal handling, blood and tissue isolation and single cell processing
- Experience with molecular biology including cloning, electrophoresis, SDS-PAGE.
- Experience in sample preparation, processing and staining samples for flow cytometry will be preferred
- Ensure proper documentation of all experiments
- Strong attention to details and ability to follow SOPs
- Strict adherence to research timelines
- Ability to Work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power point, and Prism
Company DescriptionMolecular Diagnostic Services, Inc., an independent contract service organization, has been operating since 1992 providing comprehensive cellular and molecular biology, toxicology, microbiology, sterility assurance, and biocompatibility services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and research institutions. The services are designed for clients' needs, both GLP-compliant for regulatory submission and non-GLP screening for product research and development.