: Environmental Staff Specialist
Huntsman's Performance Products Division is now searching for a new Environmental Staff Specialist who will oversee and assess compliance with environmental regulations and environmental permits. This role is an active, full member of the Environmental team, located in Conroe, Texas. As the Environmental Staff Specialist, you will:
- Lead air quality compliance at a specialty petrochemical plant to include Title V, emissions inventory reporting, Tier II, TRI, mass emissions cap & trade, MACT reports, cooling tower compliance, oversee RATA & CGA, oversee emissions testing and reporting.
- Maintain existing environmental compliance programs and permits. Prepare permit or PBR
applications or oversee preparation by contractors.
Skills and experiences required:
- Support plant operations by reviewing proposed process changes for environmental impacts and obtain appropriate authorizations. Evaluate and advise on emissions events and on compliance efforts. Serve as an environmental resource to operations personnel and process engineers during management of change (MOC), pre-startup safety reviews (PSSRs), and incident investigations.
- Coordinate regulatory inspections and regulatory reporting with agencies and act as an environmental expert during third party and regulatory audits.
- Bachelor's in Environmental, Engineering, or Science with 10 + years of experience
- 10+ years of experience in managing Air environmental compliance programs
- 5+ years of experience at a chemical manufacturing facility preferred.
- A thorough knowledge of Texas and Federal air rules, permits, and regulations (e.g., NSPS, NESHAP, MON, HON, MACT, SARA 313, GHG, and Title V).
- General/Working knowledge of MOC, SAP, IP21 (or equivalent)
- Must have demonstrated success in the application of compliance requirements of regulatory codes (TCEQ, EPA, etc.) and environmental permits.
- Experience assessing environmental compliance systems, identifying areas for improvement, and managing corrective action implementation highly valued.
- Experience developing and obtaining air authorizations (PBRs and NSR permits) in the State of Texas highly valued.
- Ability to negotiate with regulatory agencies to deliver positive outcome highly valued.
- Have experience with incident notification to governmental agencies (i.e., NRC and STEERS).
- Ability to plan, delegate, and organize tasks to consistently produce results, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to function efficiently in a multi-disciplined, cross-functional environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with multiple layers of the organizations.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local. P
lease refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company's Data Privacy and Protection information. All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers
. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in "@huntsman.com" and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers. Additional Locations: