Living Carbon is a pre-launch public benefit corporation with a mission to responsibly rebalance the planet's carbon cycle using the inherent power of plants. We believe that gigaton scale CO2 drawdown will only happen if solutions are both beneficial to the environment and profitable to landowners. We've developed a proof of concept photosynthesis-enhanced seedling and are working on scaling our production lab and commercializing our technology. We're backed by some of the most prominent investors in Silicon Valley including Felicis Ventures, YCombinator, and Chris Sacca of LowerCarbon Capital.
If you believe that climate change is the defining global emergency of the century and want to join an ambitious project that's working on a biological solution, we'd love to hear from you.Your role:
We're looking for a Laboratory Technician who is excited to be part of a mission-driven early stage company. The Lab Technician will play a critical role to ensure day-to-day operation of lab functions. We are seeking a proactive and collaborative self-starter to support the company's need for smooth laboratory operation in the areas of laboratory support. This includes media and reagent preparations, labware cleaning, autoclaving, maintaining key lab assets (e.g. raw materials, laboratory supplies, material preparation, etc.), coordinating lab services such as lab cleaning and waste collection/ disposal management. The successful candidate will be adaptive and creative with excellent organization and managerial skills to be able to excel in a fast-growing biotech startup environment. Your responsibilities:
Requirements and qualifications:
- Provide laboratory support in areas of laboratory organization and management including chemical and supplies storage, lab waste collection, inventory management, and general lab support management.
- Prepare reagents and media to support the daily workflow of the R&D team
- Ensure compliance with all EH&S regulation coordinating laboratory safety trainings
- Ensure effective and timely waste stream management in collaboration with lab users
- Maintain the lab environment to ensure it is safe and effective workplace for cross-functional groups
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage lab, equipment, and operations
- Flexible and creative to the task assigned
- BS in biology or a related discipline
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and achieve deadlines
- You value quick follow up and are the type of person who does not feel overwhelmed with multiple projects happening at the same time
- You value efficiency and the need for things to run smoothly and efficiently at an ambitious startup like Living Carbon.
- Highly independent and self-motivated and integrates well within a team