Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Our Omaha, NE
Environmental Science team is looking a part time Intern Technician.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your professional skills and will offer a variety of experience for a current student in the Omaha area pursuing a BS in Environmental Engineering or natural resource field. Specific responsibilities will include
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Support project teams on a variety of environmental projects
- Perform a wide variety of field duties for environmental projects to include: inspection, maintenance, monitoring, and sampling efforts at the project site
- Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Provide support for emergency response field efforts
- Pursuing a BS in Environmental Engineering or natural resource field (such as chemistry, biology, earth sciences, environmental sciences)
- Emergency response and environmental experience preferred
- Experienced in emergency preparedness, air monitoring, environmental assessment/sampling, ICS, SCAT is a plus
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with superiors, co-workers and clients - effective collaborators are welcome
- Willingness to respond to call outs during non-routine working hours
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities, attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet project timelines
- Self-motivated and willingness to work in a team in a fast-paced environment
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.