Job Title: Biologist II Duration: 6 months
Location: Cambridge, MA 02139 Description:
- Neuroscience In Vivo Pharmacology Research Associate:
- Working closely with team members to design and execute in vivo experiments to support drug discovery efforts including target identification, target validation and efficacy of novel molecules.
- Developing new technologies and methods to understand disease pathophysiology and target biology.
- Responsible for implementation of in vivo studies and data collection as well as interpretation/analysis and presentation of results as needed
- The candidate must have hands on experience conducting in vivo studies, and should be skilled in rodent handling, dosing (i.e. IP, SC, RO) and rodent necropsy techniques
- Prior surgery experience highly preferred - experience doing stereotaxic surgery ideal
- Experience working with transgenic models of neurodegenerative disease preferred, but not required
- Ability to conduct studies under minimal supervision is required, with independent work expected on daily tasks and in-vivo assays
- Strong organizational skills that enable multitasking and working within timelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to work across functions and across sites.
- Comfortable working with live mice (animals)
- In vivo lab experience (at least 1-2 years even at college lab level)
- Surgical experience Qualifications that would make a candidate stand-out
- BS in Neuroscience
- Stereotaxic Surgery
- Experimental PsychologyJob Requirements:Application Process:
- Application Submission; we will reach out to you over the phone to discuss important aspects of this job opening and upon agreement your profile will be submitted to the client for review.
- Interviews; Depending on the size of the selection committee, several interviews are scheduled for each candidate. We will coordinate with candidates to set up interviews with our client.
- Job offer; After completion of all the interviews, Hiring Manager confers and evaluates applicants based on the interviews, job experience, skills and talent assessments, and all other relevant information (recommendations, e.g.). A top choice should be identified and agreed on.
- Background checks; After Job offer, background checks would be conducted to review candidates' criminal record, to verify employment history and eligibility, and to run credit checks. Drug testing may also be warranted, depending on the nature of the job.
- Onboarding; Based on the background checks, first day reporting details would be shared with candidate upon the client ‘instructions.
- This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, SPECTRAFORCE and the assigned client reserve the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
- Benefits: SPECTRAFORCE offers ACA compliant health benefits as well as dental, vision, accident, and hospital indemnity insurances. Additional benefits SPECTRAFORCE offers to the eligible employees include commuter benefits, 401K plan with matching and a referral bonus program. SPECTRAFORCE offers unpaid leave as well as paid sick leave when required by law.
- Equal Opportunity Employer: SPECTRAFORCE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation.
- For the full list of our open positions, please check www.spectraforce.com