Microbiology Technician I (1st Shift)
- Akorn, Inc
- Somerset, New Jersey, US
- Closing date
- Jan 27, 2022
- Consultancy/Private Sector
- Conservation science
- Salary Type
- Employment Type
- Full time
The Microbiology Technician will perform all environmental monitoring tests required to monitor the controlled areas and support manufacturing operations under the supervision and guidance of Microbiology Laboratory management.
- Perform required sampling utilizing contact plates, settling plates, and particle counters.
- Perform environmental monitoring testing and water sampling and testing on scheduled days.
- Perform required data analysis, compiles data and prepares results for review.
- Prepare microbiological media for use in laboratory for various testing.
- Operate autoclave for routine sterilization of laboratory supplies and media
- Perform growth promotion and negative control testing on media.
- Perform sampling of raw materials.
- Wash glassware and supplies used in laboratory daily.
- Documents routine procedures following laboratory and company guidelines (SOP's).
- Assist with studies and/or protocols under supervision of the Microbiology Lab Supervisor or Microbiologists.
- Maintain inventory of laboratory supplies.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert