Biologist (0-3 years) Location:
San Diego, CA Start date:
- Includes executing cellular/immunology cell-based functional assays to test and analyze molecule activities, investigate the mechanism of action of biological drugs in vitro and in vivo, and ultimately deliver preclinical evidence for future clinical testing.
- Develop and perform immune functional cell-based assays through use of sophisticated immunology research-related technologies (e.g., human whole blood, primary human/mouse/monkey leukocyte isolation, cellular activation and differentiation, quantitative cytokine assays, FACS etc.)
- Execute and analyze FACS based experiments (minimum 2 years of experience).
- Isolate, purify, and culture leukocyte subpopulations for ex vivo assays.
- Prepare cellular materials for genomic, transcriptomic, and proteomic assessment.
- Execute experiments, analyze, interpret, and present experimental data.
- B.S in Immunology and or Cell Biology or related discipline with 1 or more years of work experience in biotechnology, pharmaceutical industry or an academic institute, in the field of immunology.
- Understanding of in vitro assays and assay development.
- Experience performing basic molecular biology techniques.
- Proficiency with flow cytometry.
- Proven success with 10x Genomics single cell assays is highly valued.
- Experience with CRISPR/Cas9 technology, including transfection and assessment of knockout efficiency, is preferred.
- Previous experience with in vivo animal models is a plus.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.