Plant Name: Columbus-Gahanna - 101052
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies- BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS-Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
We are seeking a Manager, Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) to join our team. This position will be located in Ohio and will report to the Director, Environmental Health & Safety. It will support 8 - 12 plant locations. Responsibilities:
- Managing and implementing compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), USEPA and State regulations in accordance with government and company requirements;
- Managing the development, implementation, and maintenance of EHS policies, processes and programs at multiple heavy industrial locations to ensure compliance, injury prevention, and risk mitigation;
- Coordinating with site leadership at facilities to develop mutually beneficial solutions to complex environmental, health and safety challenges;
- Communicating effectively, championing and implementing change with a diverse set of internal and external customers;
- Interpreting laws and regulations to determine applicability for facilities of responsibility and implementing programs to comply.
If you love to have fun at work, are proactive, results oriented, self-motivated and see the "glass half full", we'd love to hear from you. In addition, we are looking for:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Health & Safety or related program of study and a minimum of 5 years' experience in an EH&S position;
- Certifications in Environmental or Health & Safety related programs preferred;
- Experience administering safety training in accordance with OSHA regulations;
- Experience in OSHA record-keeping related to various programs including Lock out Tag Out, Confined Space, Hazard Communication, Injury Reporting and other related programs;
- Superior communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to work with all levels of the organization;
- Ability to solve complex problems by: actively seeking information and new ideas from a variety of sources; systematic and objective evaluation of information consistently looking for novel ways to solve problems; and mastering unfamiliar information, tasks and situations quickly and effectively;
- Effective attention to detail with a calm and steady demeanor and a high degree of accuracy under pressure;
- Intermediate computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook;
- Experience with hazardous waste management and Clean Air Act reporting;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus;
- Ability to travel up to 30%;
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
Mauser Packaging Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.