San Diego, CA Start date:
- Design and conduct in vitro experiments in cell biology (Transfection, Immunofluorescence, lenti-virus production), biochemistry (Western blot), molecular biology (DNA cloning), and assay development (ELISA, bDNA) with minimum supervision.
- Engineer cells by editing genes by CRISPR-KO and -KI or by modulating gene expression by shRNA and characterize the cell models.
- Maintain cell cultures and characterize cancer cell lines.
- Hands on experience on RNASeq (more specifically READS+, 3P-seq) and eCLIP assay are plus.
- Develop and implement relevant cell-based assays to support identification, optimization, and characterization of novel chemical matter
- Analyze and present data in an organized and timely manner
- Work within and support biology needs for drug discovery teams
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline with at least 6 years of work experience or Master's degree with at least 4 years of industrial experience in a drug discovery setting.'
- PhD is a plus but not required
- Understand cancer biology, biochemistry and molecular and cell biology as well as RNA regulation.
- Keen on new technologies and familiarity with various cellular assays in high-throughput formats and automation equipment.
- Strong data handling skills including importing/exporting data into/from database, organizing data for easy interpretation and experience with a variety of scientific/data analysis software applications.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration and organizational skills as well as ability to write protocols and technical reports with precision.
- Multitasking, capability to pay attention to details, stay focused on key objectives, and deliver high quality data in a timely and well-organized manner is essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic team environment, flexibility to adapt to changes with a positive attitude.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.