Janssen BioPharma, Inc., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist, Computational Biology - Infectious Diseases Discovery to be located in South San Francisco, CA or Beerse, Belgium may be considered.
We are looking for an individual with interest and experience developing computational biology strategies, analyzing multi-omics data, and supporting research and development projects in infectious disease (ID) discovery programs.
The highly motivated Scientist in Computational Biology will join us in our efforts to discover novel interventions for treating or preventing infectious diseases. The successful candidate will be able to leverage multi-omics, host/pathogen genomics, immunology, phenotypic, clinical, and biomarker using advances analytics and ML to advance our drug discovery. As a Scientist you will work with colleagues in cross functional teams of infectious disease scientists to support computational approaches in the identification and validation of novel targets, as well as discover and characterize novel interventions.Responsibilities Include
- Provide computational biology support for Janssen's ID Discovery effort with focus on chronic infections (Hepatitis B) and bacterial drug resistance.
- Provide computational solutions for infectious disease drug discovery programs.
- Contribute to preclinical study design in the acquisition of pathogen or host genomics, metagenomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomic or high dimensional flow cytometry data.
- Analyze host or pathogen genomic data, efficacy biomarker data, or multi-omic data.
- Support target or pathway identification and validation activities
- Characterize host or pathogen resistance mechanisms
- Develop analysis pipelines and visualization applications to make analysis results and findings available to scientists
Work with R&D IT colleagues and statistical scientists to implement best practicesCollaborate with academic and external partners aimed at gaining valuable insights from innovative data science technology and state-of-the-art analytic approaches.Communicate key results to senior leadership and write reports for publication or regulatory submission.Qualifications
- A Ph.D. degree is required
- Post-doctoral experience is preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in computational biology, bioinformatics, or other relevant discipline with the use of computational approaches is required
- Proficiency in computational biology programming skills and the use of languages such as R or python in the analysis of genomic and bioinformatic data is required
- Experience analyzing and integrating multi-omic datasets that may include one or more of the following: RNAseq, DNAseq, GWAS, 16S or Metagenomic data, single cell sequencing data, proteomics, metabolomics, or high dimensional flow cytometry data is preferred
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms, exploratory data analysis, pathway data analysis, statistical modeling is preferred
- Knowledge of drug discovery and development especially in Infectious Diseases related fields is preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills is required
- This position may be located in either South San Francisco, CA or Beerse, Belgium, and may require up to approximately 10% travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-260 E. Grand AvenueOther Locations
Janssen BioPharma, Inc. (6224)Job Function