Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an individual to work as a Scientist at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Designs and performs original molecular and cellular research.
- Compile and analyze molecular or cellular experimental data and adjust experimental designs as necessary.
- Evaluates, tests, and implements new processes, methodologies and tools for complex molecular and cellular testing and research.
- Research and recommend for implementation new lab capabilities to generate an optimize new RNA vector molecules.
- Documents research findings and maintains accurate logs and records of all experimental activities and outcomes.
- Maintain precise and complete records of all experimental activities, to include methodologies, instrumentation, and findings for future reference.
- Provides subject matter expertise to senior scientists and program executives.
- Maintain deep understanding of research methodologies and the latest trends and developments in molecular and cellular biological testing and research
- Prepares results of experimental findings for presentation and publication.
- Develop and present original research findings and professional and scientific conferences and workshops.
- Adapt, develop, optimize, and coordinate the training of staff in the implementation of molecular genetics protocols.
- Maintain and update DNA samples archive, to include extracting DNA from cells, whole blood, transformation, and culture of lymphoblastoid cell lines, purifying DNA for analytic applications, determining DNA quality by various methods, maintaining DNA supplies and inventory, and loading microtiter plates using robotic liquid handling systems.
- Barcode DNA and cell lines, storing them at appropriate storage temperatures and maintaining computerized inventory of these samples.
- Grow and maintain fibroblast cell lines.
- Collaborate with staff to keep abreast of new technologies including generation of induced pluripotent stem cells and their differentiation into neuronal derivatives.
- Extract total RNA from various cell lines and subsequently process to profile gene activity.
- Maintain laboratory reagent and supplies inventory.
- Maintain laboratory safety records, act as the point of contact for Government Safety Officials.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. in Biology or a related discipline. Three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Master's degree is equivalent to a Ph.D.
- Three (3) years relevant experience
SKILLS. (Ranked by Priority)
- Experience with robotic liquid handling systems, nucleic acid fluorimetry and/or spectrophotometry
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients.
We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.