Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an experienced individual to work as a Biologist
(Research on Aging
) at the National Institutes of Health in Baltimore, Maryland
. This is a long-term contract position which offers:
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Plan biological research programs
- Develop and maintain liaisons and effective working relations with groups and individuals, agencies, and the public to encourage cooperative management strategies or to develop information and interpret findings work with biological technicians and technologists and other scientists
- Monitor and observe experiments, recording production and test data for evaluation by research personnel
- Analyze experimental data and interpret results to write reports and summaries of findings
- Operate, calibrate, or maintain equipment used in quantitative or qualitative analysis, such as spectrophotometers, calorimeters, flame photometers, or computer-controlled analyzers
- Maintain laboratory equipment
- Operate laboratory equipment to analyze samples
- Analyze laboratory findings
- Monitor operational procedures in technical environments to ensure conformance to standards
- Interpret research or operational data
- Record research or operational data
- Design, initiate and conduct specific research projects described above.
- Participate in and present ongoing research and findings at weekly Lab and section meetings.
- Write and edit scientific papers.
- Present paper/abstract/poster at lab meeting and scientific meetings/conferences.
- Operate and maintain sophisticated and innovative instruments such as fluorescent microscope, flow cytometry, and next generation sequencing to perform tests, analyses and other laboratory procedures; perform routine laboratory maintenance.
- Schedule and maintain an accurate research tracking system and database for all research activities, daily records of experiments and results, including research documentation.
- Ensure that research stock supplies and reagents are kept stocked; obtain quotes for supplies, services and equipment needed to conduct research; prepare purchase requests for these items and submit to primary investigator and/or lab manager for approval.
- Investigate molecular and cellular mechanisms of immune cell aging in human (BLSA participants) and mouse model.
- Employ cutting edge genomic methods such as RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, microarray to identify genes and epigenetic changes that are altered expressed in old lymphocytes and monocytes, and confirm the alteration of expression by specific real time RT-PCR.
- Determine the size of TCR repertoire including both TCR alpha and beta genes, and their change with age in both CD4 and CD8 T cells and their subsets using the next generation sequencing technique.
- Analyze the telomere length changes in BLSA participants by Southern blot, quantitative PCR or qFISH.
- Process human blood samples; conduct routine primary immune cell culture in vitro.
- Perform immune cell phenotypic and functional analysis by flow cytometry; isolate specific lymphocyte subset from blood by magnetic isolation and cell sort.
- Genotype various genetically altered mouse strains and isolate immune cells from these mice for subsequent functional studies.
- Conduct proteomic analysis of selected proteins and its associated proteins.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
- Ph.D. in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline (Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Genetics)
- Ability to work independently and think critically with skilled hands and sound judgment.
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.You should know:
Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.