The Environment, Health & Safety, (EHS), Director is responsible for identification and implementation of the organization's Environment, Health & Safety Programs, and initiatives across all Wine and Spirits sites and vineyards. The role will direct and coordinate EHS activities to ensure alignment with corporate directives and programs and compliance with Environmental, Safety & Health laws and regulations. The Director, EHS works collaboratively with the local and functional management team to help ensure that a robust, continuous improvement based Environmental, Health and Safety Management System is in place and managed effectively. The EHS Director must lead by example to establish and maintain a culture that ensures zero unsafe acts & minimizes our impact on the planet and communities where we live, work and source. The position includes hands-on application of technical Safety and Environmental knowledge, risk identification, and problem resolution. The position will provide leadership and guidance to Regional EHS Managers in strong and effective collaboration with operational leaders and the corporate team.
* Collaborates with EHS professionals and operational leadership to implement, review, and maintain EHS performance standards and specifications.
* Coaches and mentors' operations leaders and EHS professionals in the tools, programs, and requirements of the Company's EHS Management Systems.
* Stays apprised of emerging EHS issues and communicates accordingly with Corporate and business line managers.
* Lead and share with all related sites the outcome and response for site incident investigations, for significant EHS events such as serious injuries or illnesses, spills, or releases.
* Leads reporting of qualified injuries or incidents to appropriate regulatory agencies. Follow up and close out related investigations.
* Works closely with EHS COE to provide input and collaborate on efforts to continuously improve Company EHS performance, protocols, procedures, and tools to drive consistency across all locations and sites.
* Provide effective leadership and guidance for the management of environmental, safety and health programs and requirements. Lead the implementation of EHS procedures, standards, training, and programs.
* Drive the strategy to build a strong safety culture and accountability of safety across all operations.
* Assist locations with EH&S recordkeeping and ensures timely submission of periodic reports to regulatory agencies.
* Lead the development and review of continuous improvement programs related to air, water, wastewater, and solid/hazardous waste.
* Lead design reviews for new and modified facilities, processes, equipment, and tooling for safety-regulated compliance to help ensure the safety of the employees and the process.
* Interface with regulatory authorities as appropriate.
* Participate in Process Safety Audits, PHA's and other elements of Process Safety integral to site EHS performance.
* Prioritize major hazards and risks across the region/business unit, and ensure actions are taken to mitigate or eliminate risks.
* Provide support and guidance to individual plant safety/environmental committees.
* Participates in annual budget development process.
* Lead environmental and health & safety due diligence activities for mergers and acquisitions.
* Lead efforts related to qualitative improvement in lagging indicators (% redux in LTI YOY or LTIR measures).
* Lead site self-assessments, coordinate external EH&S audits, and partner with division and/or site management to close audit findings and implement audit recommendations.
* Provide guidance to sites in identifying and tracking appropriate metrics and assessing site performance.
* Act as an interface between corporate EHS & sites.
* Other duties and tasks, including travel, as necessary and/or assigned to effectively carry out job responsibilities and maximize the effectiveness of this role.
* BS degree in engineering, chemistry, environmental or occupational health sciences, or related degree/experience.
* Experience directly overseeing and implementing safety programs within a manufacturing environment with a minimum of 10 years' experience in environmental, health, & safety field. Food and beverage experience preferred.
* Experience leading teams across multiple sites and geographies.
* Experience leading environmental remediation and related capital projects. Good understanding of safety and environmental regulations including air, wastewater, storm water, solid and hazardous waste regulations.
* High degree of business acumen and decisiveness required.
* Ability to prioritize effectively and serve multiple sites.
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
* Ability to travel 50% or more to other company operations.
* Proven ability to communicate and influence internal and external stakeholders including regulators, industry organizations and Company stakeholders.
* Experience leading EHS initiatives in a production setting.
* Food Safety experience.
* Ability to form, facilitate and maintain internal and cross functional teams.
* Should possess strong leadership, training, problem solving, and decision-making skills
* Experience and ability to coach operational and EHA leaders.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Works outdoors/indoors
* Works in warm/cold climates
* Works in high places
* Works on wet surfaces
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
* Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
* Primary office environment may be lab or office setting
* Work extended hour
* Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods.
* Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
Acampo, California, Field Office - CA, Napa, California, San Francisco, California, St. Helena, California
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).