Directs and leads pre-clinical scientific research and development in the Molecular Biology Research team. Focuses on advancing Natera's oncology product portfolio and works within a research team. Main fields of application will be circulating cell free DNA testing (liquid biopsy).
* Work closely with Director R&D to manage, grow, develop, and mentor a team of scientists
* Responsible for direct supervision of lab staff and individual contributors
* Communicate both internally and externally with cross-functional project teams, management, and scientists to ensure objectives are met on time.
* Drive design and execution of studies with a focus on innovation and efficient decision making.
* Responsible for managing projects and associated timelines and deliverables.
* Coordinate the planning, execution and analysis of effective experiments with statistics and bioinformatics teams.
* Must have very strong and effective communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Degree in molecular biology, cellular biology or closely related field
* Ph.D. with a minimum of 6 years of industry research experience, including at least 3 years in a related industry such as genetic testing, diagnostics, clinical research, or clinical trials.
* At least 3 years of management experience of a molecular biology team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Technical: Evaluates an applicant's acquired knowledge and specific technical skills.
Behavioral: Evaluates factors related to human characteristics and skills, such as attitude, work approach and collaborative abilities.
* Team player with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective working relationships within functional area
* Strong communication and organization skills in being able lead and collaborate with internal functional groups and external pharma and academic collaborators
* Demonstrated experience in managing and providing leadership to scientists and analysts
* Demonstrated success in applying independent scientific judgment in experimental design and analysis
* Must have experience with next generation sequencing (NGS) and nucleic-acid based molecular biology
* Cell-free DNA testing, liquid biopsy, methylation, and target enrichment is a plus
* Ability to perform basic data and statistical analysis (e.g. R, JMP, Excel)
* Experience with Design Control and in a regulated environment a plus
* This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
* Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
* Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
* Employee must pass post-offer criminal background check.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
Travel required for this position:
No X or Yes _: If yes state anticipated percent for travel:
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.